Why does Minoxidil get a bad rap on here?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phatalis
    • Dec 2009

You know I still don't get it.. I was hoping to get input from one of the surgeons or what not.

It seems like most of them have something they dislike about Rogaine and I still don't know what it is.

Thus far, it's working great for me. My hairline is relatively restored and its been about a month.. I mean the hair is shorter but its still growing it. I feel as if when it reaches full length it'll basically be as if I didnt ever lose much hair.

I only hope to god it stays like this for the next few years ...by then ill be out of school and be able to afford a good HT

Comment

• WarLord
      • May 2012

Originally posted by aiyosh
      Fred, may be you should wait for a longer time before making a judgement about Minoxidil, minoxidil does help in a way, but not for a long time and not too effective either. Also different ppl experience differet result with Minoxidil so you cant really compare.
      If minoxidil "does help in a way, but not for a long time", how is it possible that people in long-term studies from late 80's were still a way above baseline after 4-5 years? You only parrot some fallacies of self-proclaimed internet "experts", who think that if a treatment "doesn't address the underlying cause of MPB" (i.e. DHT), it can't work in the long-term.

My experience tells me that almost all guys, who are whining in the internet that minoxidil mysteriously "stopped working" after few years, turned out to be sloppy slackers, who stopped using it regularly after some time. Some of them are even so stupid that they can't realize, what blunders are making. They think that when they use minoxidil once a week or when they even interrupt its use for several months (!!!), it will further maintain their hair by some unknown magic. The worst thing is that subsequently they start to spam internet forums with posts like "minoxidil won't maintain your hair, no matter how frequently you use it" - the last words being a perverse irony of their poor discipline.

Comment

Working...