+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I had like a mini panic attack today... well.. my heart sort of started beating fast. I don't know if this was from minoxidil (side effect) or something else... I had just been working out and I took No-Explode... 2 scoops... it's pretty heavy duty stuff. it was after i had gotten home a good 30 mins later.

Could've been that.

I applied 2 times today.. might go back to 1. I dunno. I'm gonna experiment and see.

Heart beat was around 100 something when I checked it. I calmed myself down and everything was ok.

I’ve had panic attacks, they are no fun. Try staying away from the post workout supplements for a while and see how you feel. It's unlikely it was the minox, but I guess you never can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    I’ve had panic attacks, they are no fun. Try staying away from the post workout supplements for a while and see how you feel. It's unlikely it was the minox, but I guess you never can tell.
    No, I was a big dummy and realized what I was doing wrong. I read the directions and read "apply a CAPFUL two times a day.." not "half a cap full"

not sure how I managed that but I was apply 2x what I should've been. Two capfuls twice a day and I also applied it directly after I took a shower... I dried my hair a bit but it was still wet and I read somewhere that you're not supposed to apply it when your hair is wet because it will soak in more..

So basically, I have a minox overdose lol. That's what I believe anyhow. Haven't had one since and been fine.. it was just my dumbass messed up is all. And the NoExplode i'm cycling off anyhow, it does mess with me also... need to take a break from it.

Something I've noticed in my research with Minoxidill and it's results that are published, the numbers are always almost close to 50/50. Using it is like flipping a coin.

And generally people are more inclined to moan up a firestorm of anger when something goes wrong. Few people will actually post up their success.

I've been using it for a month, I have not experienced any shedding, any dander or any of the side effects I've read of.

So I'm lucky, I fall into the positive side of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by godzillamk View Post
    Something I've noticed in my research with Minoxidill and it's results that are published, the numbers are always almost close to 50/50. Using it is like flipping a coin.

And generally people are more inclined to moan up a firestorm of anger when something goes wrong. Few people will actually post up their success.

I've been using it for a month, I have not experienced any shedding, any dander or any of the side effects I've read of.

So I'm lucky, I fall into the positive side of the bunch.
    I do too. I don't want to jinx anything but at the moment Rogaine Foam as been incredibly good to me. I'm growing back a decent amount of my hairline and my hair is thicker. I notice a LOT less hair falling out when I run my hands through etc and the only sides have been some zits on my head here and there but nothing big.

My "overdose" was my own fault and it came in the form of a quick panic attack and went away quick. Other than that I've been fine. My hair looks a lot better and applying the foam doesn't get in the way of my day at all.

I think it's great.

You know I still don't get it.. I was hoping to get input from one of the surgeons or what not.

It seems like most of them have something they dislike about Rogaine and I still don't know what it is.

Thus far, it's working great for me. My hairline is relatively restored and its been about a month.. I mean the hair is shorter but its still growing it. I feel as if when it reaches full length it'll basically be as if I didnt ever lose much hair.

I only hope to god it stays like this for the next few years ...by then ill be out of school and be able to afford a good HT

Quote Originally Posted by aiyosh View Post
    Fred, may be you should wait for a longer time before making a judgement about Minoxidil, minoxidil does help in a way, but not for a long time and not too effective either. Also different ppl experience differet result with Minoxidil so you cant really compare.
    If minoxidil "does help in a way, but not for a long time", how is it possible that people in long-term studies from late 80's were still a way above baseline after 4-5 years? You only parrot some fallacies of self-proclaimed internet "experts", who think that if a treatment "doesn't address the underlying cause of MPB" (i.e. DHT), it can't work in the long-term.

My experience tells me that almost all guys, who are whining in the internet that minoxidil mysteriously "stopped working" after few years, turned out to be sloppy slackers, who stopped using it regularly after some time. Some of them are even so stupid that they can't realize, what blunders are making. They think that when they use minoxidil once a week or when they even interrupt its use for several months (!!!), it will further maintain their hair by some unknown magic. The worst thing is that subsequently they start to spam internet forums with posts like "minoxidil won't maintain your hair, no matter how frequently you use it" - the last words being a perverse irony of their poor discipline.