+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    You think you wouldn't suffer from mental issues if you went bald in your teens like some people here?

Give me a break. Discrimination against bald men is harsh and is absolutely real. I've lived it.

When you're a 22 bald man at university for example, what do you think will happen? Have some common sense.
    Dude stop treating your own personal life as representative of everyone else's experiences. It's ridiculous how you people are so speculative and professional when it comes to scientific experiments but when it comes to talking about social issues and society all logic goes out the window. Some girl rejected me today. Must be because all women hate bald people. The jumps to conclusions that I've seen here are beyond absurd. Have you ever considered for a moment that maybe there's something else wrong with you. It's crazy how self absorbed some of you people are. I'm perfect in every single way and there is no other reason a girl might reject me except for my hair. Seriously grow up. And in the mean time learn about the difference between causation and correlation. I swear to god this forum is a cesspool of people with body dysmorphic disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by fadingaway View Post
    Dude stop treating your own personal life as representative of everyone else's experiences. It's ridiculous how you people are so speculative and professional when it comes to scientific experiments but when it comes to talking about social issues and society all logic goes out the window. Some girl rejected me today. Must be because all women hate bald people. The jumps to conclusions that I've seen here are beyond absurd. Have you ever considered for a moment that maybe there's something else wrong with you. It's crazy how self absorbed some of you people are. I'm perfect in every single way and there is no other reason a girl might reject me except for my hair. Seriously grow up. And in the mean time learn about the difference between causation and correlation. I swear to god this forum is a cesspool of people with body dysmorphic disorder.
    LOL, well said. I was walking downtown a couple days ago and the hottest woman I saw out (tall blonde, tight body, beautiful shape) was with a slick bald NW6/7 (white) guy; not tall, not very muscled, not famous, just a manly looking dude. I want a full head beautiful thick hair as much as anyone, but the levels of delusion, body dysmorphic disorder, and self-pity on here are off the charts. The worst part about it is that it rubs off on many impressionable guys here.

Quote Originally Posted by TJT View Post
    LOL, well said. I was walking downtown a couple days ago and the hottest woman I saw out (tall blonde, tight body, beautiful shape) was with a slick bald NW6/7 (white) guy; not tall, not very muscled, not famous, just a manly looking dude. I want a full head beautiful thick hair as much as anyone, but the levels of delusion, body dysmorphic disorder, and self-pity on here are off the charts. The worst part about it is that it rubs off on many impressionable guys here.
    I'm not sure anybody is saying that it's UNIVERSALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

more that it's MUCH MORE IMPROBABLE.

Baldness knocks you down AT LEAST 1 point on the looks scale. and looks matter-- the scientific jury is out on that.

In most cases hair will bump you up AT LEAST 2 points.

It isn't like I'm sitting around happy to say this stuff.

Can somebody remove this thread from Cutting Edge / Future Treatments? Kthnxby

Baldness sucks. Big time. But people on this forum should really focus on how to become the most successful man they can become instead of sitting around lamenting over their hair. Trust me when I say that you can overcome A LOT (not all) of the negatives of baldness with LIFE SUCCESS and a good physique. I rather be an in shape, wealthy guy with a shaved head than a skinny-fat NW0 with no financial prospects. It's actually not even close.

In fact, all the dude in the video has to do is work out, get a tan, and not dress like a ****ing 1980s high school nerd, and he'll be pulling more poon than these dipshits with hair.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    okay dude..... sure. Reality = things you say
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male-pattern_hair_loss

Time to copy pasta ( youve got the references in there )

Men with androgenic alopecia typically have higher 5-alpha-reductase, lower total testosterone, higher unbound/free testosterone, and higher free androgens, including DHT.

More theories include that baldness signaled dominance, social status, or longevity.[87] Biologists have hypothesized the larger sunlight exposed area would allow more vitamin D to be synthesized, which might have been a "finely tuned mechanism to prevent prostate cancer", as the malignancy itself is also associated with higher levels of DHT.

It doesn't take an genius to figure out in times when male lifetime was low, proving to be older than others had advantage of proving you have good genes for survival. Even today it is encoded in females to find older males more mature and attractive.

Female attraction=/= Male attraction.

You can have all hair you want, it can make you a bit more attractive, but if you don't have social status and money you can kill yourself with or without it. At the end of the day there are way too many people to simply determine what someone wants.

Proof that even with great hair you will not get laid is Eliott Rodgers.

So yeah "dude" my words have truth in them.

Also I have been few times rejected by a female who went for a lot shorter, scrawny guy with shaved head.

I was ( and still am ) nw1 , taller than most males and got abs. I got shot down, why ? Who knows, she said to her friends I seemed more physically attractive but she liked the baldies dreamy look. The logic has failed, when baldness hit me, I hopped on fin and went on a quest of self improvement.

I learned how to program, I learned 2 languages, I got into college, I started lifting, I started running, I started reading books, daily 6 hour session of " to take or not to take finasteride " has introduced me into medicine, I was copying books of medical students to learn about everything related to it.

It started as a painful process of extreme anxiety. During my reading of history I stumbled upon a belief of ( I think Romans ) that when a male started balding, it was a sign he will go through hell to find enlightenment/spiritual awakening.

While I didn't find anything religious by it, it forced me to go into myself and work on myself. I am soon planning on doing bald head look ( even though i have 'full head of hair' ) for the sake of getting over the creeping rest of anxiety.

Been following the thread closely. ...

In truth, no-one is wrong regarding attractiveness (or lack of it) regarding baldness. All valid points on both sides. If you look at the context of the add, it's set in a nightclub. It's a meat market where people only value you on your looks and not a lot else matters. It's the height of superficial status. There are some clubs in London where they won't even let you through the doors if your not attractive enough. This includes women as well. Im not a bad looking guy (I know everyone says that ) but I don't want to be part of that shit, materialistic self righteous world. You can barely ever talk to people it's so loud.

If you take yourself out of that environment into somewhere else without that ethos everything changes for the better. Somewhere where you have a genuine common interest . Life is not played out on paper. I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes but it's true

How about being successful in life AND having hair? How about having a great body AND having hair? Are the two mutually exclusive?

No, it's just that the guys who have a NW1 don't need any of that sh*t, they can just look good with 0 effort, while you have to bust your ass in the gym 5x a week.

I'm in a happy relationship by the way... but it's after I've had a hair transplant.

So yeah, all my ex-girlfriends belittled me over the fact that I was bald, yes girlfriends, you can still get a girlfriend easily when you're bald, but they will resent you for having no hair.

That's my experience, not just with one girl, but all of them. They settle for you, but they wish you had hair, you know, like every other normal guy in his 20's.

All that mockery and resentment stopped with my last two girlfriends, after I've had my hair transplant. Is this a coincidence? Oh I'm sure you will tell me my hair transplant must have made me more positive so it's my attitude that has changed.

Because when I was bald, surely crying all day and whining in front of my girlfriends about being bald was my daily life! What do you think? Of course I will be joyful and positive in front of my friends and girlfriend. Hair or no hair. Who behaves like a little bitch all the time?

But no, it was my lack of hair. You can get a girlfriend, even a hot girlfriend, but you will always be the disadvantaged one in the relationship, as she could drop your ass for a NW1 at any time, and make no mistake, she knows it!

Don't think busting your ass in the gym, getting a tan or nice clothe will compensate for having a shinny bald head at the age of 25. How girls will see it: overcompensation.

The bottom line is this: you don't want to be the bald guy. Trust me. I've been bald, most of you here haven't. I speak from experience.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    That's my experience, not just with one girl, but all of them. They settle for you, but they wish you had hair, you know, like every other normal guy in his 20's.

But no, it was my lack of hair. You can get a girlfriend, even a hot girlfriend, but you will always be the disadvantaged one in the relationship, as she could drop your ass for a NW1 at any time, and make no mistake, she knows it!

You can also drop her ass for a younger, thinner, better looking girl. But you obviously made a mistake for not letting her know that.