+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Bald Wingman (Rogaine ad)

I am utterly disgusted by this ad.

We are shamed for our own genetics, while fat society is going wild with their #bodypositive bullchit.

[
    https://youtu.be/3HUSXP3LdyQ

We have fat acceptance because many women these days are overweight/obese. When they are shamed they pull the victim card and society responds by protecting them. If our fat epidemic was a male only issue there would be zero #bodypositive movement.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    We have fat acceptance because many women these days are overweight/obese. When they are shamed they pull the victim card and society responds by protecting them. If our fat epidemic was a male only issue there would be zero #bodypositive movement.
    Yeah even fat asses get sympathy for being lazy slobs stuffing their faces with junk food. But being genetically gimped with male pattern baldness is openly humiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Yeah even fat asses get sympathy for being lazy slobs stuffing their faces with junk food. But being genetically gimped with male pattern baldness is openly humiliated.
    I was reading through some of the comments on the video and let me guess, your Youtube user name is Thomas Anderson right?

The commercial states the fact; men with hair loss is less attractive. As men we can forgot about playing the victim card. We are expected to be accountable, strong and independent. Those are not characteristics of a person needing protection.

As men we are also viewed as disposable. That is why we have fat women with high standards and women stating “dick is abundant and low value”. You don't protect something that is abundant and low value.

Fat woman are also less attractive, regardless of the #bodypostive and fat acceptance movements. No amount of censoring or propaganda is going to change human biology.

The difference is that men value women and have become desperate for their acceptance. Even the NW0s in the commercial are desperately seeking acceptance. Those same men would couple with a fat slob if that is the only acceptance they can receive. It is pathetic. At least the disgusting bald character accepts his reality and has moved on to profiting from these needy, pathetic "men". Probably the only respectable man in the commercial.

Inactive

Definitely an offensive ad - I think we all agree with that point. It was maybe a little bit clever, I suppose, but not in any way funny and/or tactful.

My biggest question is this: Did they really think this would be well received? The people that think it's funny have probably never had to deal with MPB. And the ones who are dealing with MPB are obviously going to be extremely turned off by the entire brand now. What the hell were they thinking?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    The commercial states the fact.
    There are plenty harsh realities and "facts" about all kinds of things that happen when you age; deformities; genetic maldevelopments... it doesn't mean it's okay to make a commercial about it.

It's obvious it was created and okayed by 1. people with full hair, and 2. people who have been bald for over 3 decades (i.e. no longer care).

Nobody involved in this dealt with MPB in the prime of their youth.

I'm not going to protest in the streets. It just sucks this is going to be widely perpetuated.

Go on twitter and facebook. It's all people with full heads of hair laughing their heads off about the commercial.

Here we are in 2015 and look at this video! So disappointing.

I'm bald and I use a Rogaine executive to be my wingman. I've never had so much ***** in my life

Wow, this marketing campaign really backfired on them. I can't believe they didn't see it coming. It would be one thing if their product was going to transform a guy from not having hair to having it, but let's be real, if Rogaine does work for you, the average results are minimal.