+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

That's all well and good but what do we do in the meantime? Quality of life is definitely an issue for us. I've passed up on promotions and career opportunities simply because I don't have the confidence I used to have. I settle for a girl that I don't even really like, when I know I could do a lot better. Again, confidence related to hairloss is preventing me from pursuing my goals and aspirations. Sad, I know but that's just how it is and you're made to feel not good enough by society and ridiculous ads such as these.

This ad only confirms what I already believe on society (especially women) views people who are bald or balding compared to those that aren't.

If you didn't think what was displayed in this advertisement actually is what it's like to be bald or think women didn't view men who are balding this way is living in a cave. Period.

I'm not sensitive personally, but I can absolutely understand those who are irate and bothered by this. Me? I've always known and accepted what was displayed in this video as fact in my life, it's the reason I try to do everything in my absolute power to save my hair.

I agree with this ad. They are using baldness as a punchline no doubt, but that's how it is and what it is. A big punchline. I just happen to think what they mock is not far from the truth from those suffering from this in real life.

I'm thinning baldy, but this video only encourages me to fight until my last breath to prevent my inevitable fate.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    That's all well and good but what do we do in the meantime? Quality of life is definitely an issue for us. I've passed up on promotions and career opportunities simply because I don't have the confidence I used to have. I settle for a girl that I don't even really like, when I know I could do a lot better. Again, confidence related to hairloss is preventing me from pursuing my goals and aspirations. Sad, I know but that's just how it is and you're made to feel not good enough by society and ridiculous ads such as these.

I know - the impact on our quality of life is horrible and this ad hurts because we know there's truth to it... It's maddening that something so seemingly trivial as hair loss has such a negative impact on how people are viewed - but it's real...

There is no changing the way society views AGA - it's been like this for thousands of years - I mean, there's reference to bald discrimination in the freaking bible... And today - no matter how successful you are, it still hurts. F.ck confidence - even Lebron James, Jordan Spieth, and Larry David (you know deep down he obsesses over this) have lost excessive amounts of sleep over hair loss and they are three of the most successful humans on earth right now...

Hellouser is right - the only solution is an effective treatment for AGA - and it's coming...

So what do we do right now - we wait... But unlike past generations, who were destined to a lifetime of insecurity with no real chance of hope - things are going to change for us - it's just a matter of when - and I find that reassuring.

Why didn't they select a masculine bald wingman (THE ROCK, Zinedine Zidane) and not some sickly looking guy? Simply because that's the stereotype they're aiming to label bald men. Or perhaps this is true :/

Terrible, especially for very young hair loss sufferers.

The worst thing about it all is that I have a feeling that minoxidil is still going to dictate the market for the coming 5 year at least as the best compound for stimulating hair growth. It will be approaching 40 years of dominance soon. Total joke. Time for another compound.

isn't it possible to sue them for this?
    at least create a huge shitstorm on twitter and FB.

I suggest that anyone using rogaine switch brands. If you have success w minox keep using, just dont give your money to rogaine anymore.

Ive persoanally never had any growth with minox, but know my shedding increases when i stop now. I only buy equate or other off brand names though. Rogaine needs to feel our dissatisfaction by losing profit, asap

The reaction to this would be completely different if their product actually ****ing worked.

Seen the ad. Don't let the bastards get you down

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    isn't it possible to sue them for this?
    at least create a huge shitstorm on twitter and FB.
    LMAO! You think anyone cares about bald mens feelings? Bahaha... society uses us as the butt of all jokes, what makes you think theyd want to stop that?