+ Reply to Thread

Default Concealers after HT

Hi,
    i am having an FUT soon (and the receipient area will be shaved ) and 1 month to take off
    but even after one month, because my long hair was covering my baldness but now, will be clear to everyone that i had a HT.

i heard that using concealers can fix it but i don't know what to do and which product is recommended and if it will work in my case ( 1 inch hair on the sides and shaved area that was convered before by some hair )

i need your help please, what to do after one month.

I disagree that everyone will know. At one month the recipient zone is pink and the shaved hair is regrowing. If the donor zone hair is not too short then you just look like you're a lot thinner than what was assumed and that you have a skin reaction, at worst.

There is a strong chance that concealers won't work well especially if your hair is buzzed and you're looking to recreate a hairline with it. In fact, it will be quite difficult. I always found that if you can have all of your hair short, and a proper tapering done from the shorter lengths to the longer lenghts, then at worst it looks slightly unusual and you'll get few stares. In fact, the best way to go about this is to shave your head first, get people around you used to the idea of a shorter haircut. Also, grow a beard and mustache and maybe start wearing glasses. If your eyesight is fine just have non-prescription glasses. When you return after one month shave your beard and ditch the frames. That will be the biggest change for people around you and will help to conceal the truth
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thanks for your reply,
    my hair looks like this one

after the FUT, it will be like this

it will be 1 cm maybe in the shaved area
    and the sides and the back, if i shave it, the scar will be noticed

I really don't know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I disagree that everyone will know. At one month the recipient zone is pink and the shaved hair is regrowing. If the donor zone hair is not too short then you just look like you're a lot thinner than what was assumed and that you have a skin reaction, at worst.

There is a strong chance that concealers won't work well especially if your hair is buzzed and you're looking to recreate a hairline with it. In fact, it will be quite difficult. I always found that if you can have all of your hair short, and a proper tapering done from the shorter lengths to the longer lenghts, then at worst it looks slightly unusual and you'll get few stares. In fact, the best way to go about this is to shave your head first, get people around you used to the idea of a shorter haircut. Also, grow a beard and mustache and maybe start wearing glasses. If your eyesight is fine just have non-prescription glasses. When you return after one month shave your beard and ditch the frames. That will be the biggest change for people around you and will help to conceal the truth