Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winkywoo
    • Dec 2014

My progress with the big 3. (with pics)

Hiii, so here's the deal. I'm 19 years old and I'm about a nw 2.5 and have significant thinning on top of my head compared to the sides and back. I've been on Nizoral and Rogaine since April 2014. I started 1mg fin in May so I'm nearly 4 months in.

Picture 1 was taken about a week ago, picture 2 was taken 4 months ago, picture 3 was taken about a week ago, and picture 4 was taken last december before any treatments.
    As you can tell it looks like my hairline is slowly beginning to fill in, however I still feel like I'm losing an abnormal amount of hair when I run my fingers through it. I may switch to Dut. Anyone else got an opinion? Should I wait it out for a year? Want to stop losing hair when I run my hands through and also want the top to thicken!

Attached Files
  • winkywoo
    • Dec 2014

been on rogaine since april 2015, not 14

Comment

• winkywoo
      • Dec 2014

Anyone have any opinions? Would be great to hear what others think.

Comment

• HaydenPayne
        • Aug 2015

Looks like you're definitely thickening up at the hairline! Encouraging progress to say the least. I'm the same age as you and very similar hair loss maybe slightly less and am thinking about propecia, have you had any side effects at all?

Comment

• winkywoo
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by HaydenPayne
          Looks like you're definitely thickening up at the hairline! Encouraging progress to say the least. I'm the same age as you and very similar hair loss maybe slightly less and am thinking about propecia, have you had any side effects at all?
          Thanks man! No sides really. I went through about a week where it was a little harder to get it up than usual, but it went away pretty quick. Other than that nothing. I'm still a little concerned though. Coming up to four months of being on fin and whenever I run my hands through my hair or shampoo my hair, I still end up with loads of strands. very confusing!

If you're contemplating it though I would definitely advise you to go on fin. If you get sides just stop. No big deal. It's basically the our biggest hope.

Comment

• WHTC Clinic
            IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
            • Oct 2013

Wait it out... You have to give it more time. You are doing well as of right now, shedding is not necessarily a negative reaction.
            Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
            London, UK - Available (Sat.)
            Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
            Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
            Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
            customer.care@mywhtc.com
            Telephone
            +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
            +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
            les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Comment

• winkywoo
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by WHTC Clinic
              Wait it out... You have to give it more time. You are doing well as of right now, shedding is not necessarily a negative reaction.
              I'm not sure if it is actually a shed though? Or if I'm just losing the same amount of hair as I was before fin? Regardless, I see some gains. So I'm confused!

Comment

• Jazz1
                • Aug 2012

Gains is a positive sign, shedding is a positive sign if your seeing gains. Carry on being consistent and your gains should only get better.

Comment

• winkywoo
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Jazz1
                  Gains is a positive sign, shedding is a positive sign if your seeing gains. Carry on being consistent and your gains should only get better.
                  Thanks man. That's made me feel better. I think I'm seeing gains. Not sure if it's a shed or not, but I'm going to keep going with it.

Comment

• Lilreceidingboy
                    • Jul 2015

whats up buddy i'm in the same situation has you have you experienced some sides with propecia ?

Comment

• winkywoo
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Lilreceidingboy
                      whats up buddy i'm in the same situation has you have you experienced some sides with propecia ?
                      Hey man. I have. I experienced some breast issues which seem to have subsided. I went to the doctor to get it checked out twice in fear that it could be something to worry about. They had a feel and said its nothing to worry about. I've seen two doctors and they've both said the same thing. What sides are you having?

Comment

• ghostrider
                        • Mar 2015

You have to give fina the time to work. Some say 6-12 months at-least!

I have personally bad experience with fina which was described by my doc. Which is why I prefer the topical approach instead!

Comment

• winkywoo
                          • Dec 2014

What was your bad experience if you don't mind me asking?

When you say topical approach what exactly are you using? Just minox? I use minox, fin and niz. I had some sides with fin like breast issues which have subsided. Went to the doc and they had a look and said its nothing to worry about it if it subsides.

Comment

• JontyTheGnome
                            • Apr 2015

What sort of "breast issues" were you having? I was having that too.. Was on fin for 2 weeks and then it seemed like my nipples were getting puffier so I stopped taking fin. Been off for about a month now. I was scared that it was gynecomastia. My doc also said it was nothing to worry about but he's a shithead so I dunno.. I'm tempted to get back on but start at a lower dosage.. I also wanna try RU-58441 because I've heard good things about it, although it's expensive and the treatment regiment is tedious as ****. How often were you using nizoral? Everyday?

Comment

• winkywoo
                              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by JontyTheGnome
                              What sort of "breast issues" were you having? I was having that too.. Was on fin for 2 weeks and then it seemed like my nipples were getting puffier so I stopped taking fin. Been off for about a month now. I was scared that it was gynecomastia. My doc also said it was nothing to worry about but he's a shithead so I dunno.. I'm tempted to get back on but start at a lower dosage.. I also wanna try RU-58441 because I've heard good things about it, although it's expensive and the treatment regiment is tedious as ****. How often were you using nizoral? Everyday?
                              My nip got swollen as hell and turned red. But after a few days it went away and hasn't returned since. Like I said, been checked by 2 docs and they've both said nothing to worry about. As far as Nizoral goes - I use it twice a week.

Comment

Working...