Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ziggyz123
    • Feb 2015

Fin adverse actions

Well I've been saying it for a while now.. I had some type of reflex to fin which gave me s alp pain, burning, stinging, rapid recession, and now a bald spot..

I'm sick of people claiming that "fin can't cause hairloss"

I NEVER HAD SCALP PAIN BEFORE FINASTERIDE.. one year in I had massive large scale shedding and it's now been a year and 10 months, going on 11 months.

I have no idea what the hell I should do now because I feel that dutasteride will cause me and even greater reflex.

Here is a recent picture of the bald spot now forming on my head..
    Attached Files
  • Soonbald
    • Apr 2015

this is why I rather use RU58841...I shed alot less hairs now its great stuff really.. and that is really unfortunate mate...something is wrong with your hormones or DHT receptors in your scalp..maybe a mutation... something is deffo not right after you used that hormone altering drug...have you Went to a doctor and checked all your hormones and stuff?

Comment

• mic28
      • May 2015

Hey Ziggy,

Are you still on fin? I'm still at the point where I take 1.25mg every few days but considering quitting still. Hair is a lot thinner than yours and starting to get very diffuse.

One thing I have noticed is how much I lose after a night of drinking. It's like my body is losing out on nutrients and causing my hair to me really thin after one night alone.

I am using tea tree shampoo and selsun blue alternating days at the moment.

Comment

• Ziggyz123
        • Feb 2015

Hey mic,

I stopped finasteride this past week actually. I started to wean down and was taking around .5mg.. This is really insane. I'm going to see an allergist soon to see if maybe I have a type of allergy to foods or whatever because I'm at my wits end on why I got like this with a hairloss drug.

Comment

• Ziggyz123
          • Feb 2015

Hey mic,

I stopped finasteride this past week actually. I started to wean down and was taking around .5mg.. This is really insane. I'm going to see an allergist soon to see if maybe I have a type of allergy to foods or whatever because I'm at my wits end on why I got like this with a hairloss drug.

Comment

• mic28
            • May 2015

Is that .5mg everyday Ziggy? Have you noticed any improvement since lowering dosage? My scalp is completely visible now with a large bald spot at the back. Doubt there is any way back for me now

Comment

• Ziggyz123
              • Feb 2015

Yeah mic, I used .5 everyday. Honestly I'd probably be taking it, but I ran out the other day so I figured I should throw in the towel. I wish it had helped or at least I wish I knew what ruined my hair. At .5 though my scalp pain was minimal though. Shedding always stayed the same though. I rode out a ten month shed haha. That's nuts..

Mic did you have a reflex? More sebum, high libido, etc..?

Comment

• GSD
                • Apr 2015

Its rare, but i think the 10% raise of test. Could be the reason.

If you quit fin and your hait goes worse. Then i dont think finasteride was the trigger

Comment

• Mpbman
                  • Jul 2015

Ziggyz123, why don't you try minoxidil (brand name Rogaine)? It's the most effective on that part of the head (crown).

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                    • Feb 2015

Hey mpbman,

I was using minoxidil for two and a half years before this scalp pain in October. A couple doctors said that I could be hypersensitive to it now after prolonged use. I'm not into risking further loss and I really don't want to be spreading it into any more regions on my scalp just in case I'm forced to stop using it again..

Comment

• mic28
                      • May 2015

Hey Ziggy, I don't know if it's reflex or not. I haven't noticed any higher libido generally but I definitely get spikes. After drinking days is definitely the worst. Maybe slightly more oiliness. My greatest loss has probably come in the last 8 months. If be surprised if it is just a prolonged shed

Comment

• wannamyhairback
                        • Aug 2016

Hi Ziggy123 , I tried to contact with you in different in threads in different forums. I really believe that i am going through what you have already been, seborrhea , inflammation, reflex hyperandrogenecity, and 3 days ago i stopped propecia as well. Would like to know how things went for you?

Comment

• Kopiko4
                          • Mar 2021

any updates?

Comment

• mambo
                            • Mar 2021

I was a lonely lesbian https://www.100datingsites.ca/

Comment

Working...