+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I will get a picture of the red patch up tonight. I took about 1 mg of fin last night to see if it comes up stronger as usual and it has, so I will get the picture today. It's very interesting how nobody else has suffered this side effect, and just in case anybody thinks it may not be the fin, I am 100% sure because I have came off fin 4-5 times and each time it has subsided, then it comes back with taking it. Anyway, I probably should be careful so I won't be taking anymore AT ALL from now, I will just use the heavy redness now for a picture.

Can you see it? It's brownish/ reddish and a slightly different texture.

I see what you mean. It would have been helpful if you'd taken a photograph before you started the fin again to document the change. This is an unusual side effect which is why nobody is replying, and many people would probably assume that the two are unrelated. You seem certain of the link though, and it sounds like you've noticed a clear pattern of change. Seeing a derm is probably your best bet. Unfortunately you'll probably have to wait a while unless you go private. I know this is an unsatisfying response for someone who wants answers, but it's all you can really do.

Actually, if you contacted the email address in my signature and asked to be forwarded to me (Matt) then there's something I could say in private.
    Last edited by mattj; 03-01-2010 at 09:08 AM.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I am totally certain, having came off the drug a number of times as mentioned and it fading as I have done that, it shows there is a link. I need to see a doctor about some other things, I don't want to bombard my doctor about loads of issues so I'm going to just stay away from the finasteride and see if it goes as I expected it to have done by now. The only thing I was hoping was that I could do really low dosages to avoid sexual side effects, but if the patch is still always there it will always concern me a bit.

When I get back to the UK I think I will purchase some minodoxil and give that a shot, how common are side effects with that?

I may as well outline what I plan to do when I get back to the UK to have one last shot at this battle.

After speaking to a guy around my age, I have decided to try real propecia rather than the generic version, he claimed that the generic stuff from inhouse gave him bad sides whereas normal propecia didn't. It sounds like it was totally coincidental, but I may as well try right? I think he's going to help me get the prescription too.

So here is a list:

. Propecia
    . Minodoxil 5% (foam or liquid best for my short hair?)
    . Nizoral (every 3rd day)
    . Iron supplements
    . T gel to combat itching from Minodoxil

Is there anything else that I could consider? Vitamins, anything like that?

Anybody out there?

Hi Joe,

thanks for sharing what you are going through. I just wanted to echo what some other fellas have said in that you look fine with the shaved head and no-your head is not mishaped at all. Best of luck with finding something that works best for you. You are ahead of me experimenting with the various treatments and I appreciate you sharing your findings. Stay strong brother.

Another thing. Considering last year I was only going at the temples, and I'm now getting the sebum shine and general crazy thinning up top is there a possibility that it can be anything other than MPB?

It does run in the family, and it is young, but not quite this young. If it's not worth checking just tell me straight up. I just want to make sure. I assume it wouldn;t be in a mpb pattern if it were anything else right?