+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Joe, it sounds like you are psyching yourself out. I read your posts, why not go back to .5 every other day or so. Slowly work your body up to the full 1mg. You’ll be okay, you just have to stop thinking about it so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Joe, it sounds like you are psyching yourself out. I read your posts, why not go back to .5 every other day or so. Slowly work your body up to the full 1mg. You’ll be okay, you just have to stop thinking about it so much!
    That's exactly what I have been trying to do, and my body still keeps getting the same side effects. Since I have topped up, the patch on my skin is back, then pain in the testicles is new (at this late in to taking it). Also the night I posted about the pains, the next 3 days I stayed with an ex, and let's just say my semen was extremely clear - off topping up on propecia in one night?

I'm going to Egypt for 2-3 months monday, and I have forgot to se a derm. I think I will have to just keep taking very low dosages until I get back. I read on a site that, aching testicles and any skin irritation are serious sides and that you should consult the doctor who prescribe the meds immedietely if you get such side effects?

hi joe im just going to repeat what others already said "you look good with a buzz cut" i also had mayor sides when started on 1.25mg of finas , had to lower the dose to 1/6 of a pill with good results.. that might work for you..

keep fighting

I will come back to the shape of my head when I get home and can take pictures next month, all I can say is that I'm still freaking out. But that aside I have a question.

The FINCAR I have used since I started taking medication has gave me all the typical side effects consistently throughout usage, however my hair hasn't improved. It's been 5 months, and at around the 2 month mark I quit for a week, and I quit for a week around month 3. Could the FINCAR not be working for me? is switching to Proscar a good idea?

I stopped taking any fincar for 4 days recently, and I can already tell my morning erections and libido are coming back slightly. I'm going to hardly take any until my libido is back to normal and then go again on 0.25 a day, something like that.

The thing is, Joe, the fin might not give you any improvement at all. I don't believe I had any improvement myself. The main advantage from taking it -- and this is where I believe I have benefited myself -- is the maintenance of existing hair. I haven't scratched out a miniaturized hair in years, and I have noticed no change in my hairline whilst taking the drug.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Ah yes, sorry I said that all a bit wrong, I understand that propecia only 'improves' some people's hair. My hair seems to have gotten worse though. Just how much can stressing about it speed up the loss? is it possible that I have maybe shed some? the one doctor I spoke to about my hair loss was a bit of an idiot, but she did say that stress will make it all happen faster and I have had anxiety attacks and all sorts since I started diffuse thinning.

If I could maintain my hair now that would be fantastic, because although I'm wet shaving my head totally bald, the stubble does wonders - hopefully if the sexual side effects subside with the lower dosage, that might work to maintain for a few years.

5 days without fincar again now, I can already tell my libido is up and morning 'plumpness' is coming, but still not rock hard erections. Plus my little brown patch on my head has subsided almost fully - in a way it's quite handy, it's like an indicator for how much finasteride I have in my bloodstream. I read that it can take up to 2-4 weeks for your body to be totally back to normal after taking fin, so I'm going to give it some more time and from then on just play with the dosages. I think it's fair to say my hair loss pattern fits common male pattern baldness, and diffuse thinning, but could a check up at the doctors be worth it to see if anything is speeding it up or anything? I have a skin problem elswhere, although not very serious, maybe I just need to go to a derm and confront some serious embaressment.

Sorry, another post here - but what the **** is going on with this?

Women of child bearing potential should not handle crushed or broken Fincar tablets and avoid exposure to the semen of men on Fincar because of the potential risk to the male foetus.

That information was taken from inhousepharmacy. Women should avoid the SEMEN of patients on Fincar? this is sort of a problem. I know this could be an incorrect warning, but I thought I had better check.

Back to one of my previous questions too. IF the FINCAR is giving me sexual side effects, does this sort of assure me that it's legit stuff? there's no chance of lower quality from CIPLA in India is there?

Hi guys, not many replies on here are there? I would appreciate some feedback on this pleaseeeeee.

So it's been 10 or so days without FINCAR, the morning erections are back, and generally I'm getting much more firm down there if you catch my drift. The finasteride definitely effects me, no doubt about it.

However, the red patch isn't disapearing this time, and it only becomes more red when I take any. Do you think this patch is something to be concerned about on my head?

Like I say I want to visit a derm when I get back, but from what I have read on forums, doctors and derms can be pretty useless when it comes to side effects.

I cna upload some new pics soon too. I really don't want to give up totally you see, I'm just wondering if it's wise to carry on taking any at all with this number of side effects, even if they do subside with a very low dosage.

Maybe you should see a derm in the country you are visiting. I'm no MD, but going a few months without treating the red patch sounds potentially dangerous.