+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Out of interest, are there any other young guys on here that aren't really treating there hair loss and shaving instead? I haven;t came across one

I think the shave option, being a defiant middle finger at hairloss, is mainly going to be taken by the guys who don't spend time on forums like this. But out there in the world there are many guys with MPB who shave their heads. You're British. So am I. I see shaved heads everywhere these days. It's rare to see a British male under the age of, say, forty who is experiencing hairloss (at a NW3/4 or above) and who is letting their hair grow out. Many guys over that age are also choosing to shave it.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by JOE-91 View Post
    I have that about now, I don't like it though - I feel balding, rather than shaved if you know what I mean, it's kind of phsychological.
    I totally get what you're saying. Shaved >>>>> balding. One is a lifestyle and stylistic choice. The other is perceived as a genetic defect (despite how common it is).
    I think your head shape is fine to pull off the shaved look. Mine is far worse than yours, and that's why I couldn't shave mine. If I could, I would do it happily. But honestly, with the look you've got, all you need is some gym time (I don't know if you're in shape already), and you're pretty much set.
    But yeah, honestly, I would kill to have your head shape.

I'm really not sure, I have a fresh shave now on my head, I will upload another picture, for some reason it's really striking me every time I shave my head, I just cannot deal with the bumpy shape. I never thought I would ever say this, but if things don't get better, I might look at hairpieces. I feel so ashamed about it, but when I imagine myself without any stubble my heart sinks, and I can't even visualize my life with any happiness, I envision it looking totally repulsive.

I have been partying quite a bit this week, and I am seeing my ex who I still have a thing going with and I can't help but think that all the things that I love in my life are going to be ruined. All I wanted was to go to University, carry on being myself and developing my personality, having a good time, developing my career. Generally enjoying the best years of my life. But now? No way, not with this self esteem it's already influencing what I want to do with my life career wise - I love fashion, I love photography, I love music and media, but slowly I'm just losing all my passion for everything and envisioning myself as a recluse. I have a great family, and I have great friends, the thought of ruining it all is so heartbreaking.

Here are the pictures in low light, probably as honest as they can be:

Be honest, the bald look isn't for me is it? I'm not symmetrical at all, I swear somethings not right with my head.

Joe, those who said you look good with a shaved head were being honest with you.

You also have very good symmetry. I hope this can prove it to you.

Your skull does seem to raise up at the rear. I don't think this is unusual or unsightly.

I think you good with a shaved head. You should have a friend take your picture to get a more realistic view. It’s hard when you take your own with your arms stretched out. Maybe some video too. We’ll be honest with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I think you good with a shaved head. You should have a friend take your picture to get a more realistic view. It’s hard when you take your own with your arms stretched out. Maybe some video too. We’ll be honest with you.
    I will use a timer.

Yeah, the back of my head has a raise that meets in the middle, Andre Agassi has something similar going on I think, but in my opinion not quite as bad:

I'd say that Agassi's head is pretty much the same as yours in that regard.

I took at least 1.mg of my FINCAR last night, and I have woken up this morning with not just aching testicles, but pains travelling through the shaft of my penis. I just tried to have a play to see what's happening down there, and it feels a bit dead, I cannot get an erection. It could well be anxiety, but christ, it's scary