+ Reply to Thread

Default Seriously depressed 10 years after getting a HT from Toronto

Hi guys,

I'd like to share my hair transplant story and hopefully can get some help/advise.

I got a HT 10 years ago from Alvi Armani who at the time did a great job. I had nice new hair and everything was super fantastic. Then about 5 years after, i started to notice the bald patch coming in on the top of my head. Also, the top of the temple area and new hairline started to lose density. It's at a point where i have a massive bald spot on the top and this perfect hair line with barely any hair (that are also sticking straight out!) It all looks really stupid and it seriously stresses me out all the time. I've used hair fibers for the past two years to conceal the patches but even that is getting to a point where it's such a pain in the a** that i feel like shaving my hair right off.

Unfortunately i have a nice strip scar that i am super embarrassed about as well.

I'm in sales so i have to constantly meet new people.

Can someone on here recommend a place where i can perhaps get the transplanted hair out via laser? or any other options?

I never thought i'd ever regret getting a HT but it's the single biggest mistake of my life. It's taken over my life. literally. I don't go out in the sun anymore due to my hair. I try and avoid people as much as i can. It's really taken a toll on my life. Please someone help.

Pics attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150817_232520.jpg

Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	41083Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150817_232648.jpg

Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	41084

Out of curiosity did you take Propecia or Minoxidil after your transplant? From experience laser is a long process. I've had a little back hair lasered and after 10 times it's still not quite gone and you can't go more than once every 6-8 weeks because of the long hair cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by buntman2001 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'd like to share my hair transplant story and hopefully can get some help/advise.

I got a HT 10 years ago from Alvi Armani who at the time did a great job. I had nice new hair and everything was super fantastic. Then about 5 years after, i started to notice the bald patch coming in on the top of my head. Also, the top of the temple area and new hairline started to lose density. It's at a point where i have a massive bald spot on the top and this perfect hair line with barely any hair (that are also sticking straight out!) It all looks really stupid and it seriously stresses me out all the time. I've used hair fibers for the past two years to conceal the patches but even that is getting to a point where it's such a pain in the a** that i feel like shaving my hair right off.

Unfortunately i have a nice strip scar that i am super embarrassed about as well.

I'm in sales so i have to constantly meet new people.

Can someone on here recommend a place where i can perhaps get the transplanted hair out via laser? or any other options?

I never thought i'd ever regret getting a HT but it's the single biggest mistake of my life. It's taken over my life. literally. I don't go out in the sun anymore due to my hair. I try and avoid people as much as i can. It's really taken a toll on my life. Please someone help.

Pics attached.

Attachment 41083Attachment 41084
    From a picture stand point, your hair actually looks great and I can't even tell you got a transplant...

Perhaps, cutting it down to a #3 to hide the strip scar and accepting the top?

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    From a picture stand point, your hair actually looks great and I can't even tell you got a transplant...

Perhaps, cutting it down to a #3 to hide the strip scar and accepting the top?
    I agree, at least in the picture it simply looks like your hair is thinning.

I would give a short hair cut a try before jumping on the laser direction.

Also I'm curious, are u using fin or minix? Hair loss will continue unless you do something about it and even though it's not that bad now you should try to maintain what you have

That doesn't look bad at all actually... looks natural in my opinion. I'd just use some Toppik and gel or hairspray and wait it out a couple more years if i were u.