+ Reply to Thread

Default Photoactivation?

Journal of Investigative Dermatology (2 July 2015) | doi:10.1038/jid.2015.248

"Photoactivation of ROS Production In Situ Transiently Activates Cell Proliferation in Mouse Skin and in the Hair Follicle Stem Cell Niche Promoting Hair Growth and Wound Healing"

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/va...d2015248a.html

photoactivation:the activation or control of a chemical, chemical reaction, or organism by light, as the activation of chlorophyll by sunlight during photosynthesis.

They are already using photoactivation in some cancer treatments (to activate medications, target tumors,etc),

I think progress in this domain could help us to have a solution, like a LLT treatment power x1000 I guess lol

Another good and interesting find! I really like the progress in terms of wound healing because it not only negates the problems of growth factors in terms of the continued AR activation whilst being applied but can also aid in the effects of fibrosis.

Another mouse study. Report back with findings on humans.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    You're in the mouse cutting edge forum section, don't you still understand with your +4000 posts?

How could they see the effect of photoactivation in cell proliferation without our lovely little mouses? What would be the progress and knowledge those last 15 years without them ?

I know it's frustrating, but if you don't want that feeling, it's not a good idea to look at the research section where 90% are mouse shit

I have to admit that the 'another mouse study' is a perfect anthem for us hehe but personnaly i love them, every little discovery make our goal closer and closer. like you I would like the cure for tomorrow, but then it will be everywhere not in this section

Man why do you want your mouse to bald ? Mice want hair too just in case they bald

Hellrouser sits around saying nobody cares about male baldness

Mice sit around saying nobody cares about mice baldness

But that's why I actually believe SM and wounding has something. Where as a rat doesn't suffer from mpb the processes in terms of follicle and skin regeneration after injury is a closeish model.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Hellrouser sits around saying nobody cares about male baldness

Mice sit around saying nobody cares about mice baldness
    U made me laugh bro , that was so funny .Hope Pilox works for us.

I believe LLLT has some credibility to it (probably far from being a 'total cure' by itself). I think it works similar microneedling by creating miniature wounds which we know is crucial for follicle neogenesis. However, the wounding has to be 'enhanced' with the right compounds so that the healing process can create terminal hairs.

There was that documented case where an elderly man accidentally burned his scalp and it healed to grow a full head of hair. Similarly, it is known that burnt/sun burnt areas of the body are known to grow hair. (I, personally, can attest to this. Got terribly sunburt when I was 15 on my shoulders to the point where it blistered. Now, I have very thick dark hairs all over those parts of my shoulders which grow back really fast.)