+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Almost 19... losing hair and I'm falling apart.

One of my biggest fears when has been to lose my hair, like my dad did in his 30's. However, I never thought I would start to have some hair loss at nineteen... I mean damn. So far my hairline hasn't receded, but I'm noticing losing a few hairs every time I shower and comb my hair. Its depressing to wake up to. Right now, I'm trying not to let it get to me, except it is, and I'm worried what everyone will think.

As far as most people know me, I'm relatively successful. I was valedictorian of my graduating class. At eighteen, I became an author with my debut novel released and a book signing that followed. I'm tall, lean, and because of book signings and a book tour, I had a personal consultant that taught me both how to dress well and keep up my personal hygiene. Recently, I even managed to get the girl I'd been chasing the past few months as my girlfriend... everything seemed perfect. And then, I started to notice I was losing more hair than normal. This led to a spur of panic and a visit to my dermatologist who refused to give me a prescription for fin because it can be dangerous in young men. It almost seems ironic for me to start losing my hair now, of all times.

I've turned to this forum because I have nowhere else to get help. My dad thinks hairless takes years, my mom tells me I have other things to be grateful for and my sister simply believes people lose their hair whenever it's their time. Outside of them, no one else knows. I'm afraid of what's going to happen to me. I have one of those faces that looks somewhat attractive with hair, but may not at all without it. It sounds weak, but I'm also afraid of how I'll look and what others will think of me. I don't know a single person who has had this happen to them.

I was already born with a high widowed hairline, but it's hidden well by my bangs. I remember joking with my girlfriend about hair loss and she said she couldn't imagine me without my hair. I laughed it off then because neither could I. Now I'm losing my hair. Albeit slowly, but I'm afraid it will flair up. I've seen the horror stories of people becoming NW6 or NW7's by 21. I'm probably already a 2 or 3 that I've had since middle school. I'm starting to lose my shit over this. I know it's vain and I'm angry that I'm so depressed over it, but I'm not sure what to do.

The thing is, part of my body has had more hair than the other, from my arms to my chest, and the other side is starting to fill out with hair quite rapidly. I know that DHT spurs this growth and hormone changes can cause hair loss. Right now it's probably somewhere between 20 or so hairs that I'm losing after every shower that I can see. My question is will the hair loss even out if I'm going through the final stages of puberty and will my DHT levels even out, or will my hair loss get worse? Also, would it be safe to take fin if I could get it? And is low level laser therapy an effective alternative if not? Or could this all be because of the immense stress I've had the past few months?

I'm aware this is a long post and for that I'm sorry. It's just this is tearing me apart. I've had stints of depression in the past that I've fought through, but it's starting to return again with all of this. Not having control over any of this is probably the worst part. Its even started to give me suicidal thoughts, because of how much it terrifies me. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris612 View Post
    One of my biggest fears when has been to lose my hair, like my dad did in his 30's. However, I never thought I would start to have some hair loss at nineteen... I mean damn. So far my hairline hasn't receded, but I'm noticing losing a few hairs every time I shower and comb my hair. Its depressing to wake up to. Right now, I'm trying not to let it get to me, except it is, and I'm worried what everyone will think.

As far as most people know me, I'm relatively successful. I was valedictorian of my graduating class. At eighteen, I became an author with my debut novel released and a book signing that followed. I'm tall, lean, and because of book signings and a book tour, I had a personal consultant that taught me both how to dress well and keep up my personal hygiene. Recently, I even managed to get the girl I'd been chasing the past few months as my girlfriend... everything seemed perfect. And then, I started to notice I was losing more hair than normal. This led to a spur of panic and a visit to my dermatologist who refused to give me a prescription for fin because it can be dangerous in young men. It almost seems ironic for me to start losing my hair now, of all times.

I've turned to this forum because I have nowhere else to get help. My dad thinks hairless takes years, my mom tells me I have other things to be grateful for and my sister simply believes people lose their hair whenever it's their time. Outside of them, no one else knows. I'm afraid of what's going to happen to me. I have one of those faces that looks somewhat attractive with hair, but may not at all without it. It sounds weak, but I'm also afraid of how I'll look and what others will think of me. I don't know a single person who has had this happen to them.

I was already born with a high widowed hairline, but it's hidden well by my bangs. I remember joking with my girlfriend about hair loss and she said she couldn't imagine me without my hair. I laughed it off then because neither could I. Now I'm losing my hair. Albeit slowly, but I'm afraid it will flair up. I've seen the horror stories of people becoming NW6 or NW7's by 21. I'm probably already a 2 or 3 that I've had since middle school. I'm starting to lose my shit over this. I know it's vain and I'm angry that I'm so depressed over it, but I'm not sure what to do.

The thing is, part of my body has had more hair than the other, from my arms to my chest, and the other side is starting to fill out with hair quite rapidly. I know that DHT spurs this growth and hormone changes can cause hair loss. Right now it's probably somewhere between 20 or so hairs that I'm losing after every shower that I can see. My question is will the hair loss even out if I'm going through the final stages of puberty and will my DHT levels even out, or will my hair loss get worse? Also, would it be safe to take fin if I could get it? And is low level laser therapy an effective alternative if not? Or could this all be because of the immense stress I've had the past few months?

I'm aware this is a long post and for that I'm sorry. It's just this is tearing me apart. I've had stints of depression in the past that I've fought through, but it's starting to return again with all of this. Not having control over any of this is probably the worst part. Its even started to give me suicidal thoughts, because of how much it terrifies me. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    You sister is wise. We all lose hair when it's our time.
    Hang in there, and focus on your positive. It seems like you have a LOT of positive in your life.

Do NOT commit suicide, there are always better options unless you are a sufferer from full body 3rd degree burns or a sufferer of a variation of locked in syndrome.

Don't listen to your parents or sister about balding, if they aren't balding or haven't experienced balding they most likely know NOTHING about balding or what it is like to be bald, especially in this incredibly vain, promiscuous, female driven culture we live in today.

You don't need your doctor's prescription to get finasteride or dutasteride. You can get your hands on them online. I've taken them for years without ever seeing a doctor in person and it's by far your best shot. Don't waste any more time, if you get side effects then you can either push on through them or just quit.

********* Hair Clinic in Toronto is the best place to go for Scalp Micropigmentation

OR

You can get a Hair Tattoo from ********* in Toronto to put an end to your baldness

STFU spammer. ur going to every HT site I see and spamming ur BS! OP don't listen to morons like this. first of all u need to post some pics to see where ur at.

but if ur 19 and already a NW2 or MW3 u need to come to terms that ur gonna lose watever hair ur gonna lose by the age of 25 or 30. so u have a HT then like everyone else.... no big deal really and especially since FUE is so affordable now.

Quote Originally Posted by scratchmoney View Post
    ********* Hair Clinic in Toronto is the best place to go for Scalp Micropigmentation

OR

You can get a Hair Tattoo from ********* in Toronto to put an end to your baldness

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GNX View Post
    STFU spammer. ur going to every HT site I see and spamming ur BS! OP don't listen to morons like this. first of all u need to post some pics to see where ur at.

but if ur 19 and already a NW2 or MW3 u need to come to terms that ur gonna lose watever hair ur gonna lose by the age of 25 or 30. so u have a HT then like everyone else.... no big deal really and especially since FUE is so affordable now.

be careful and be respectful Lolly pop head