+ Reply to Thread

Default Person to Person HT is possible

read this, and also the article in it about transplantation with less and less immunosuppressant

http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/pers...nts-revisited/

"Apart from its theoretical use in cosmetic medicine, the experiment reveals that hair follicles are one of the rare tissues apparently capable of being transplanted from one body to another without rejection. Why evolution has endowed them with such “immune privilege” is a mystery."

" in certain patients, the immune system naturally accepts the transplanted organ without immunosuppression. After studying these people for years, UPMC researchers came to believe that, in these patients, the immune cells that would normally attack the organ are themselves eliminated by a second, beneficial, immune attack."

Imagine make a little test of 1/2 grafts from 5 differents persons, wait a year to see the ones that are accepted by our body and then make the person to person ht?
    the follicles that are being rejected in the test grafts would be taking out of the scalp as soon as signs of rejection appear, so no real health problems.
    No drug, no immunosuppressant, nothing
    Once you find your matching donor, you would make the bigger ht

damn it would be so good

Indeed, millions of persons with no hairloss problems would be interested to sell for high money 10/20% of their hair ( especially when it's from back and sides)

Ok let's find an indian doctor to make a clinical test like that no? lol

hmm... that's interesting and unexpected.

the question now is, if it works with normal FUE grafts, too.
    jahoda isolated the sheath cup cells or so, and didn't transplant just an unmodified hair graft, or did he?

in case, it's interesting why this works. with such a procedure you introduce foreign DNA into your body. if you take FUE grafts where there's a lot of skin around it, then you mix skin cells of totally different DNA when injecting that into the scalp. so what happens to that foreign DNA? do those cells get transformed from time to time, or replaced by the cells of own DNA again? maybe mutations or even cancer possible?

that said, i too think that it would definitely be interesting to find a crazy doctor to try transplanting some single hairs between different donors. this is basically zero risk. as soon as a immune reaction (redness, swelling) is noticed, then just cut the piece of skin out again. simple as that.
    i would even offer myself as guinea pig for that.

imagine, if there's a good chance that let's say every third person could be a potential donor. this would give baldies a cure, and donors could earn some good money without any risk. they just lose a few thousand hairs. would be a win-win.

If this somehow turns out to be true it's the best news there has ever been on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    hmm... that's interesting and unexpected.

the question now is, if it works with normal FUE grafts, too.
    jahoda isolated the sheath cup cells or so, and didn't transplant just an unmodified hair graft, or did he?

in case, it's interesting why this works. with such a procedure you introduce foreign DNA into your body. if you take FUE grafts where there's a lot of skin around it, then you mix skin cells of totally different DNA when injecting that into the scalp. so what happens to that foreign DNA? do those cells get transformed from time to time, or replaced by the cells of own DNA again? maybe mutations or even cancer possible?

that said, i too think that it would definitely be interesting to find a crazy doctor to try transplanting some single hairs between different donors. this is basically zero risk. as soon as a immune reaction (redness, swelling) is noticed, then just cut the piece of skin out again. simple as that.
    i would even offer myself as guinea pig for that.

imagine, if there's a good chance that let's say every third person could be a potential donor. this would give baldies a cure, and donors could earn some good money without any risk. they just lose a few thousand hairs. would be a win-win.
    But wouldn't the factors that caused the original follicles to shrink do the same to the new follicles that are transplanted? Even if the body accepts the donors follicles the testosterone is still there to ruin things.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrown View Post
    But wouldn't the factors that caused the original follicles to shrink do the same to the new follicles that are transplanted? Even if the body accepts the donors follicles the testosterone is still there to ruin things.
    Suck it up and take dutasteride If you treat it before the onset of MPB then your hair will stay healthy just like the conditions in castration. Obviously though who really knows whether it's just DHT - It would be a perfect way to find out.

Also if its DSC's just like in replicel's treatment, then they claim they are DHT resistant from the safe zone at the back of the head.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrown View Post
    no. if you take follicles from a donor which doesn't have a genetic history of MPB then they should be immune against DHT. is the same like with normal FUE. you take follicles from the back of the head which are not MPB affected.

Oh ok i see. Since you mentioned genes i wonder if this can lead to some kind of Frankenstein ex-baldies. If i am swedish and blonde and my matching donor is Jamaican, after the transplant i i will be a Rastafarian but only on my temples

This deserves some love. If my mum and I were a match I'd be in luck with a free donor!!! That's fantastic if it were to work.