Would I be a candidate and if so how much would this cost in pounds? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Would I be a candidate and if so how much would this cost in pounds?

Hi everyone I have been worrying on and off for about 3 years with my hairline. I'm not sure if it has always been like this since I never hardly styled or even combed my hair until a friend of mine who was a girl told me my hair was receding when I was at the age of 22 when i pulled it back to do a funny impersonation. I just brushed it off as a joke at the time (no pun intended) and carried on with my life until about the age of 24 when I wanted to get a girlfriend so I tried to neaten up my appearance a little. I was trying hairstyles when I thought to myself, "hmm i don't notice my friends have a gap in the temples like that. Ever since i have hidden it with the sides of my fringe or bangs. Then i kept getting paranoid and tried herbal remedies,minoxidil, caffeine shampoos with no success. Now I have a girlfriend and usually I try to avoid letting her run her hands through my hair in case she noticed the missing parts. I am now 25 and one day she brushed my hair back and said. I am worried you wont have hair when you are older because my hairline is so far back. I talked to my parents and my brothers andsisters about it and they say im imagining it and nothings wrong, they said I just have a high forehead which worried me even more. I always thought my forehead was normal so now I'm worried about having a high forehead and receding hairline. I cant remember if I always had both these things or none as I was younger. SO whats your opinions? I am sorry about the bad grammar and long boring story, I am just worried and typing this out fast as I can to get answers. would I be suitable for a transplant?

You're young and a reputable doctor won't do a transplant on you at this age but I'm sure many unscrupulous doctors will. Your hair is fine for now. Get on Finasteride (name brand propecia) and stay on it. You'll read a million threads about how it "might" hurt your sex drive permanently and it will probably terrify you and you probably won't try it. I wish someone told me to get on Fin at 24. If you have strong side effects (most likely you wont) you can adjust the dosage to 3x a week or just stop using it. The way your hair looks you'll probably go bald in 5-10 years if you do nothing. Don't waste your money on natural solutions. They don't work. Fin has saved so many people's hair. If I got on it at 24 it would have made my life 1,000 times easier. Best of luck.

Thanks for your opinion. you are right, I thought about Fin but then I also thought of the side effects. I will have to consider it at least. Either that or wait it out then take the transplant

A transplant without Fin is risky and a temporary solution. You'll continue to loose native (non transplanted) hairs. I've had a transplant and I'm on fin. I had minor side effects in the beginning that went away after a couple of months. I have several friends who are on Fin as well. This doesn't mean you won't have sides (you might) but the web is full of trolls who think they know everything or more likely are just repeating things they've "heard" without any personal experience. Again your hair is fine for now and your friends will start to have hairlines like yours in a couple of years and many will have far less hair than you in 5-10 years but the choice is yours.

Asher, listen to CaliD. He gave you some really good advice about propecia. I also wish someone would told me to take propecia and stick with it when I was younger (it could save me lot's of hair).

And like CaliD said, ignore all the herbal stuff - it just does not work

If you're lucky and the medicine works for you, you could keep that hair for a long long time.

Thank you guys for not being the voice of doom and offering good advice. do the meds regrow hair or just preserve whats already there?

If you've got vellus hair (fine hair/peach fuzz) there is a chance the med will bring some of it back to full thick hair. Once the follicle under the skin is inactive you can kiss that hair goodbye forever. For most guys it will preserve what you have for a long long time which is most important. It seemed to make my hair thicker as well which gives it the illusion of more hair.

I think a hair transplant would work well for you, if you want to change your hairline. Unfortunately, I don't think Minoxidil or therapeutic shampoos or even an internal treatment like finasteride will do much for you. But it is up to you... It's your head and your money.
    We are 22 years old and twins, and both my brother and I are balding in the front above our foreheads. We surveyed many clinics, here in this country as well as abroad. We sent photos to several places and we received various offers, but eventually we decided on PHAEYDE Clinic’s S.H.E. (Single Hair Extraction) method, because it was important for the transplanted area to be extremely dense. For me 3,800 pieces of hair were transplanted, for my brother 4,200.

I think a hair transplant would work well for you, if you want to change your hairline. Unfortunately, I don't think Minoxidil or therapeutic shampoos or even an internal treatment like finasteride will do much for you. But it is up to you... It's your head and your money.
    We are 22 years old and twins, and both my brother and I are balding in the front above our foreheads. We surveyed many clinics, here in this country as well as abroad. We sent photos to several places and we received various offers, but eventually we decided on PHAEYDE Clinic’s S.H.E. (Single Hair Extraction) method, because it was important for the transplanted area to be extremely dense. For me 3,800 pieces of hair were transplanted, for my brother 4,200.