+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy guys i'm getting bald? i'm oly 17

(sorry for bad english)
    so... i noticed i bald big spot on the back of my hair and i lost my mind, how can i be balding with this age????
    do you guys think its a big ass swirl or i'm ****ed? i took some photos in differently lights
    ps: i've been using minoxidil for 3 weeks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg

Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	41029   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg

Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	41030   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg

Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	41031   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpg

Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	41032   Click image for larger version

Name:	image5.jpg

Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	41033   Click image for larger version

Name:	image6.jpg

Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	41034  

do u have a family history of balding? ur too young for meds but id get on them asap. buddy was a NW3 by the time he was a senior in HS so yes its possible. I started balding at 20 but luckily stabilized at 35 so at least I can get a HT and not worry bout losing more.

Its possible man. I began to notice my hair thinning in the temples around 19-20. Its a horrible feeling. It def may stabilize some, especially w meds. Im almost 40 now and still can fake a full head of hair by combing the right way. Ive been on fin and ither meds for awhile and they must have at least slowed the loss some.
    Dont stress out. Good news is your young and the future seems like it could be hopeful for us all, maybe sooner than we think. I dont know if a low dose of finasteride would be ok for you. Id say at least wait till your 18. Alot could happen in a year. Then If youre still very worried ask your doc. Good luck

Btw those photos dont look bad. Id kill for that kinda coverage lol. I rhink you still have time before you really need to be too concerned

Yes you are thinning. Go to see a doctor ASAP so he can prescribe minox or fin for you

I started losing my hair at 17. I am going to tell you what I have found after several years of deep research, that I wish someone would have told me when I was a teenager. My opinion will be completely unpopular so I'm not going to respond to others here as 90% of them will disagree with me. But I highly suggest you do this. It can be summed up by a few others in these posts:
    http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/a...pic-28623.html
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=160444941

Like I said 90% of the people here will completely disagree with this because people are stuck in old dogmas that dont work sufficiently.

I suggest you start taking Vitamin C, MSM, and Magnesium at the minimum. If you have ANY acne, cut out dairy. Add Vitamin K2, and Vitamin A if possible. Lower your gluten intake. Do this for 2 weeks and see if your hair fall decreases. Its a small price to pay to try something outside of the box that will most likely work for you. Good luck. I will not respond to negative posts.

I don't want to be told off for this and I am certainly no expert. But I only see what looks like thinning on the photo you posted in the strong light with your hair wet, and because you have long hair its just the way it looks when its wet and all spaced out. I have seen many people with long hair in sunlight even females who you can see to their scalp in those conditions. The rest of the photos looked pretty healthy to me. Thats my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    I started losing my hair at 17. I am going to tell you what I have found after several years of deep research, that I wish someone would have told me when I was a teenager. My opinion will be completely unpopular so I'm not going to respond to others here as 90% of them will disagree with me. But I highly suggest you do this. It can be summed up by a few others in these posts:
    http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/a...pic-28623.html
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=160444941

Like I said 90% of the people here will completely disagree with this because people are stuck in old dogmas that dont work sufficiently.

I suggest you start taking Vitamin C, MSM, and Magnesium at the minimum. If you have ANY acne, cut out dairy. Add Vitamin K2, and Vitamin A if possible. Lower your gluten intake. Do this for 2 weeks and see if your hair fall decreases. Its a small price to pay to try something outside of the box that will most likely work for you. Good luck. I will not respond to negative posts.
    Taking my guess, the reason "90%" of people disagree with you is not because of "old dogmas" but rather you are voicing your opinion as fact - giving advice that is not scientifically peer reviewed and demonstrated to work. This way you come off as dishonest.

I am glad you wont respond to "negative posts"

His first link goes to a forum post, that has no pictures just words of a guy. We don't get to hear about his family history of hair loss either, just lots and lots of words and promises.

The second link goes to another forum, same thing, except one claims hair loss is from calcification, one claims it is from inflammation. I give credits that this guy actually provide some pictures, however, they are of someone else and again we have no mechanism to know if it is true, if he has had a transplant etc. But this tells you to use lots and lots of pills - and to not eat wheat

These guys all give different advice, and they don't got peer reviewed research to demonstrate anything.

OP, get your blood levels tested, and check your family history. Then go from there. When people claim to have a "cure" or a treatment that works very well ask for evidence. I don't claim these don't work I simply see a lack of evidence to demonstrate their extraordinary claims.

I started taking vitamins and minoxidil with dermatologist recipe. My hair really dont fall, dont notice it on bath neither in pillow but if i go under a strong light( not THAT strong but concentrated on scalp) you can see my scalp just like the photos

Do not take Finasteride or any other DHT/5-AR/Hormone related drugs (i.e. Ru, Dut). Some people have no side effects on these drugs, but for others, they can have terrible side effects (growing man boobs, erectile dysfunction, etc). Testostorone is your friend.

If you really want to try something, I would say Minoxidil. But that will most likely not help too much either. It might slightly thicken your hair for maybe a year before losing efficiency and you're back to where you started.

I would say, just take it as it comes my friend. We're all in the same boat with losing hair. But messing with your hormones is not worth it. Your private parts are way more important than your hair. Just focus on being fit, succesful, confident.