+ Reply to Thread

Default Unsure if I have a receding hairline. 17.

Okay, so recently I have been losing hair and I'm not really sure if its normal. I'd lose 5-10 hairs. I shaved my hair because I've gotten really scared and paranoid because I thought my hair was too thin. That didn't help. I also pulled on my hair alot. But I've been losing tiny thin hairs with a bulb on them. I'm really scared, I'm only seventeen. This all started since I went through alot of stress, that's when I noticed. My hairline has always been weird but since I shaved my head when it started growing I noticed my temples showing. My father has a full head of hair but he has 1 bald brother. No one in my mothers side is bald, my grandfather (from my mums side) still has a full head of hair. I have a widows peak & I'm getting anxiety because of this. I also thought I had diffuse hair loss, bulbs are much smaller. My dad does have a nw1. So I don't know. My images will show how its progressed if it has. I'm more worried about the right side. Left side is good. I had a zinc deficiency, but I'm getting the Mpb hairline. This is driving me insane. Help me please. & is it maturing? Also the first two were when I was
    16, the last two is at the age of
    17, or more importantly now. HELP PLEASE! I think I do have DHT because I have a lot of muscle naturally & have grown from 5'4 to 6'0 in
    1 year and a half. I am pretty hairy with slight amounts of hair on my chest and alot on my legs. Can a huge amount of DHT cause this even if my genetics are really good? Thank you!

Seeing as there were so many views and no replies, I thought I'd boost it up a bit! Anyway, I'm not 100% sure but I have alot of symptoms for hypothyroidism and I am sure that I'm thinning diffusely.

Mature hairline

Hmm what makes you think that? I don't know but thank you so much for the reply!

Your hair looks great man. At your age don't be surprised to see a "maturing" of your hairline. Honestly you haven't receded one bit and it doesn't seem to be following a pattern of recession. As with hairs falling out it happens to everyone. 5-10 hairs is actually minimal so no worries there.

And your growth spurt really doesn't have anything to do with your DHT so again, no worries at all. Don't worry about bulbs at the end of your hairs either, it's natural.

You are amazing! Thank you so much! What a truly great community.

maybe in ur mind but not in reality

Whilst I'm glad, I don't understand. What is an indicator of a mature hairline? & can you see any miniturized hairs because I've had thin hairs with tinier bulbs fall out. Thank you!

is this guy for real? I wouldnt even call that a mature hairline...nobody has a "straight" hairline just some latinos/middle Eastern/blacks..even my sisters got more recession than YOU DO this is ridiculous...this guy should be a hair model for all I care... also make sure you get all the vitamins that your body needs eat better eat more fruit/vegtables...stop the sugar bombs that wont help you stop the soda and all that crap...

Your hair is perfectly fine, nearly completely straight! I wish my hairline was anything close to this.