+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Follicept news

Default Follicept news

Hi Follicept or devon not sure why the thread was closed as i wanted to ask about the product i notice you say its a gel insulin igf growth factor is that right? as if anyone remembers the israel product back in the 90s called piliel by Dr Lindenbaum im sure that had insulin growth factors in it and was produced in a cultured red gel.
    Then it was used for burns victims and on burned scalp and they found it not only healed the bald areas but regrew the hair.
    The problem is when osmotics sold the formula called fns topical serum the insulin growth factor was taken out i think due to the fda on safety grounds although someone may correct me on that.
    I really do hope this is what many of us are waiting for and is it going to be available still in 2015 devon?
    By the way devon im in the uk.

Forgot to add as im still using the theradome helmet i wonder will this work better with the follicept gel.

Doke, send this message on the follicept website. Devon is good at replying. The message bored is full of idiots/mentally unstable guys but that information sounds pretty cool regarding IGF and they could probably research all that more.

If you click on the sign up button you can also send him an email if you would rather it be private and he will probably see it sooner.

Urgh, just looked at their website again and they've STILL done nothing to change all those unsupported effectiveness claims.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    Forgot to add as im still using the theradome helmet i wonder will this work better with the follicept gel.
    theradome is a scam, or let's say an ineffective treatment. everyone knows that by now. what tamim the NASA CEO has created with this helmet is a pure joke, but he's still making millions with it.

What exactly is going on with Follicept right now? Haven't had the time to check it out.

from what I have seen they are trying a second round of treatments on a few of the participants. No one has seen any real growth yet. Some claim they see new vellus, but that's really it. From what I understand a lot of people were saying that Devons hair actually looked thinner.

Its sad cause I really like those guys at Follicept, but I think they just really rushed to speak before they knew if they actually had anything

Thanks champpy. I just checked out out their latest videos. Doesn't seem to be any regrowth so far but at least they're being decent about it.

I hope they have something a little more objective than some guys looking in a mirror or at a bunch of poorly taken pictures guessing at what they think is happening. Just not much there of any real use. You need objective hair counts taken and done the same way every time. Hair loss is a pretty tricky thing to measure accurately

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I hope they have something a little more objective than some guys looking in a mirror or at a bunch of poorly taken pictures guessing at what they think is happening. Just not much there of any real use. You need objective hair counts taken and done the same way every time. Hair loss is a pretty tricky thing to measure accurately
    That's why they are going to do a larger trial with different amounts of igf/duration applied ect. They recently won 10k in a comp for their technology and a chunk of that will be funding the trial with trichoscan.