+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Graza study on follicle neogenesis through wounding.

Not sure if this is something we don't already know, but it's a new study that seems to have made a significant step forward in how to create follicle neogenesis through wounding.

Regeneration of skin and hair follicles after wounding—a process known as wound-induced hair neogenesis (WIHN)—is a rare example of adult organogenesis in mammals. As such, WIHN provides a unique model system for deciphering mechanisms underlying mammalian regeneration. Here, we show that dsRNA, which is released from damaged skin, activates Toll-Like Receptor 3 (TLR3) and its downstream effectors IL-6 and STAT3 to promote hair follicle regeneration. Conversely, TLR3-deficient animals fail to initiate WIHN. TLR3 activation promotes expression of hair follicle stem cell markers and induces elements of the core hair morphogenetic program, including ectodysplasin A receptor (EDAR) and the Wnt and Shh pathways. Our results therefore show that dsRNA and TLR3 link the earliest events of mammalian skin wounding to regeneration and suggest potential therapeutic approaches for promoting hair neogenesis.

http://www.cell.com/cell-stem-cell/a...2815%2900307-0

Damn good Bboy!!

Those researchers are identifiyng what Costarelis/follica were searching! Cotsarelis/millar talked only about activation of the Wnt pathway after wounding a few years ago,but it was not sufficient.
    here the researchers seems to have found what Cotsarelis have to manipulate to induce and develop follicle after wounding!

•dsRNA released after skin injury triggers skin regeneration via TLR3
    •IL-6 and Stat3 signaling, downstream mediators of TLR3, are key to regeneration
    •Loss of TLR3, IL-6Ra, or Stat3 reduces hair neogenesis after wounding
    TLR3 induces core hair morphogenetic programs and hair follicle markers

" TLR3 activation promotes expression of hair follicle stem cell markers and induces elements of the core hair morphogenetic program, including ectodysplasin A receptor (EDAR) and the Wnt and Shh pathways "

If that solve a part of the puzzle, woundneogenesis cure, can come far sooner than stem cells, bioengineering,etc!!

For some reasons, the news did not make me excited

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    For some reasons, the news did not make me excited
    Is it because it'll probably be tested on MICE for the next 10 years?

similar article here, a bit better summarized:
    http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...me-change-burn

i think this discovery is important and maybe indeed the last puzzle for effective wound-induced hairs. i wonder if cotsarelis is aware of that discovery.
    so, what else do they need now? start lasering the skin and try that discovery on humans already! oh no, wait, it's easier to ignore the discovery and try more fancy theories on mice.

i just think we need to close the whole thread even entire cutting edge section. I mean we dont care about the treatments which are 20 years away.. I am gonna drop an email to Spencer to close this section entirely. We should not sell hope to people but reality

Quote Originally Posted by dutchguyhanging View Post
    i just think we need to close the whole thread even entire cutting edge section. I mean we dont care about the treatments which are 20 years away.. I am gonna drop an email to Spencer to close this section entirely. We should not sell hope to people but reality
    lol, this guy!

there is no lol, I was NW1 when I was first lurking this forum, now NW5.. yet nothing has changed

No offense but, what is it with you Dutch guys? You make Arashi look like Santa Claus. Yeah, let's just go ahead and close the whole cutting edge section. Wouldn't that be just great.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchguyhanging View Post
    Stop speaking for other people dude. We get it. You are struggling with your hairloss. We all are, that's why we're here. But to think stifling debate and knowledge is going to help anyone then you are wrong. Just don't come to this section if you can't handle it. I suffer from hairloss but I also suffer from other things as well. Replicel have given me hope that I can avoid surgery on my knee because of their developments as well. This is a place to discuss science. The ins and outs of all new findings. If it does take 20 years then there will be YEARS of threads containing a year to year history of development.

I'm not saying that this section is perfect, half of these threads are full of people fu*king breaking down mentally and being unhinged but all the information is there and its quality stuff when you sift through the sh*t. People come here and read things and they can start to build a picture of where we are right now. Most importantly they can become educated! This whole forum keeps posting better and better things because over the years people have had the resources documented here to articulate themselves and use the resources to learn. I slam sensationalist titles including things like "cure" because that can give false hope.

Science is reality. You guestimating isn't. When people are optimistic and say "oh yeh it could be sooner because of 21st century cure act" ect then the respected quality posters will give a concise reasoning back as to why this won't happen soon/could be a possibility. Posters like Desmond are quality at this. There will always be w*nk comments in between, as you have so nicely demonstrated, but people with IQ's higher than their age can ignore this and make their own decision.