+ Reply to Thread

Default Just started minoxidil, need opinions

I just started Kirkland Mioxidil 5% foam, my doctor wouldn't give me propecia (said it would give me sexual problems). I started 6 days ago, I'm attaching a picture (took it outdoors), I'm 35 and I'm wondering if I can get a non biased opinion of how bad my hair is and what I should expect as a new minoxidil user, it's cut to about 1/4" right now. I read a lot of reviews on this, but I can't tell which ones are real (especially before & after pics). So is there anyone with experience with this stuff that can give me an opinion on if it will work for me or what to expect? Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	40991  

There's definitely some hair thinning on the top of the head. Rogaine (minoxidil) is most effective on the crown and not so much on the top or the temples.

So I would definitely recommend adding Propecia (finasteride) to your regime to slow down the hairloss/hair thinning.

As u are apply minox, some of your vellus hair will get little more pigmented and some what thicker creating an illusion that hairs are are coming back. This would not create a significant cosmetic difference. Thinning is high in you case so u need fin or dut.

Thanks, what is dut? I may be in denial, but I'm not sure if my thinning would be considered "high", I just cut it with a #2 and that picture was outside in daylight, but it definitely is thinning out. So in your experience, minoxidil won't do anything for my thinning? My doctor won't prescribe me finastride until I get blood work, and I don't have insurance, so that's not an option for at least 6 more months. Thanks for the answers.

You can get finasteride without needing a doctor you've met in person to OK it. I've been getting finasteride then dutasteride from an online pharmacy for years and they charge a bit extra for a prescription.

Honestly the only way to get amazing regrowth is to use both. But by not using fin even if you get good initial growth on minox it won't last because you aren't tackling the main problem which is destroying follicles, DHT.

Can't you use an online pharmacy where you can get a prescription by just sending pics? I did that in the u.k using an affiliated pharmacy to the NHS.

Im sure others from this forum can lead you to legit sites. If you buy branded propecia to begin with in a sealed box ect then you know you're getting the legit stuff.