+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default really need advice from wearers!

I have my first system ordered and for reasons I won't bore you with but I'm quite annoyed about I will only have my system for a few days before I go to Cyprus for a two week family holiday!

I'm worried that this won't give me enough time to get use to the system before a challenging two weeks!

Basically I'm looking for some reassurance that with all the see swimming water parks pool and intense sun that it's not going to come off at any point! As well as advice on how to care for it in such conditions! I will be wearing a hat a fair bit anyway to protect myself from the sun but not all the time!

So what do you guys use when on holiday like this to keep the hair system in good condition?

if ur looking for reassurance that ur glued on carpet won't come off at a water park ur gonna be disappointed. nothn looks more ridiculous then a wig at a water park. don't do it!

Any adult replies would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    Any adult replies would be appreciated
    Amazing. I know nothing about hair systems but I laughed so hard at that reply I had to comment.

not much time at all to get use to it.

Ideally, you need at least 2 cycles - reattachments before you get use to it and understand how it works for you and your skin. Also it takes a little of time and a few washes for a system to settle.

OK. we are were we are. have you had it attached and cut in? Usually it will take 24 hours for the adhesive to be at max strength.

Depending on what you use to attach, it should last 2 to 3 weeks, but you may get some lift at the front so a bit of liquid glue is handy.

Swimming should be fine. Sun is ok for a period, but if its 2-weeks at full sun, it will lighten your piece. A cap or bandana is handy.

Quote Originally Posted by grincher View Post
    not much time at all to get use to it.

Ideally, you need at least 2 cycles - reattachments before you get use to it and understand how it works for you and your skin. Also it takes a little of time and a few washes for a system to settle.

OK. we are were we are. have you had it attached and cut in? Usually it will take 24 hours for the adhesive to be at max strength.

Depending on what you use to attach, it should last 2 to 3 weeks, but you may get some lift at the front so a bit of liquid glue is handy.

Swimming should be fine. Sun is ok for a period, but if its 2-weeks at full sun, it will lighten your piece. A cap or bandana is handy.
    Thank you grincher I really appreciate your reply!

Haven't had it attached I didn't realize the stylist was away until the 13th and I go on holiday on 21st so I literally have a week to get it on so I suppose it will still be pretty strong when I go as it will be fresh!

I plan to wear a hat as often as possible as I would anyway in the heat but on days where it's not possible iv read thing like leave in conditioner could protect it, is that the case?

The stylist who also wears himself has actually posted a YouTube video of himself at a water park and it looks decent to be fair!

If your skin is oily, the weather hot and the activity involving water, it will be a test. just expect it and be prepared. Dont forget the chloride in the water can dry hair.

I usually find a new piece has a silicone from the factory so the bond isnt as long as you expect until that's washed off - hence it takes a few to settle.

A week, is fine if you are proactive and there are some wearers really on the ball from day one. I got use to my system after two days and have spent the last 4 years improving it

If the system is properly attached you shouldnt have many issues. Try and take a little liquid glue or tape for touch ups.
    you can get colour enhancers/blocks from hair direct.

Just a quick question. If this is the first system you have had, why not hold off until after your holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by grincher View Post
    If your skin is oily, the weather hot and the activity involving water, it will be a test. just expect it and be prepared. Dont forget the chloride in the water can dry hair.

I usually find a new piece has a silicone from the factory so the bond isnt as long as you expect until that's washed off - hence it takes a few to settle.

A week, is fine if you are proactive and there are some wearers really on the ball from day one. I got use to my system after two days and have spent the last 4 years improving it

If the system is properly attached you shouldnt have many issues. Try and take a little liquid glue or tape for touch ups.
    you can get colour enhancers/blocks from hair direct.

Thanks grincher your help is really appreciated!

Jay M it's a family holiday with 19 of my close family, parents siblings, nieces and nephews ect, iv been using fibres for the last five years that won't hold up at all! and If I go there as a bald guy I won't enjoy what should be a mint holiday and all my family would know iv been hiding hair loss and I'm sure they would be polite I just don't want to explain it

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    and If I go there as a bald guy I won't enjoy what should be a mint holiday and all my family would know iv been hiding hair loss and I'm sure they would be polite I just don't want to explain it
    They probably already know