+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reducing Sebum

Default Reducing Sebum

Hi guys, obviously a certain level of sebum is essential for a healthy scalp but I can help thinking that the amount of it I have to deal with is contributing to my hair loss. I have a continuous shiny scalp and forehead. Is there any medication anyone knows of that might help?
    Any help with this is much appreciated

I also had a lot of sebum. Cold showers will help reduce the amount of sebum your scalp produces. Hot showers will increase sebum. Reason being, hot showers leave your scalp dry which triggers sebum production where cold showers wash away just enough to leave the scalp at a healthy level of oils. It's worked wonders for me. Also haven't had dandruff since I started taking cold showers.

Does a build up of sebum really cause hair loss? And cold showers, why isn't the idea of taking cold showers to combat baldness more well known?

I've read it does but not sure, I had very oily hair when my biggest sheds took place tho. I actually started taking cold showers in the hopes of increasing "Brown Fat" in my scalp(it's brown because it's filled with blood vessels and forms in cold temps) after a week or so I noticed I didn't have oily hair and no dandruff. I actually really enjoy cold showers now. By the end of my shower the cold water feels warm and that's exactly what Brown fat is supposed to do, warm the body in cold temp so I think it's working.

Have you actually noticed any regrowth of hairs that were previously nearly dead?

I have but I'm doing far more then just taking cold showers. I am trying to increase blood flow to my scalp and feed my hair follicles. I take cold showers, derma roll(wounding promotes the formation of new blood vessels), taking supplements that promote new blood vessel growth, supplements to increase WNT signaling, Cardio which promotes the formation of blood vessels....and more. The only big pharma drug I use is Rogaine and that's only because of the Study on Rogaine and Wounding. I believe I'm creating an environment suitable for hair to grow and I'm seeing promising results. I posted a couple of pics on another thread, I will post my entire regimen once I reach 3 months. Here's a link of that post, 2nd to last comment ... If you wanna see what I'm experiencing...

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ht=#post213440

I don't normally buy into this stuff, like a natural approach, they never work. BUT! I just washed my hair in a freezing cold shower and for the first time since my shed started 5 months ago I dont have any flakes. Normally after a shower and my hair is wet, I can see my scalp looks like it is peeling and it is covered in flakes, but today there was nothing.
    Scalp feels a bit odd, almost tight maybe? But no flakes. Fair play on this, actually seems to work.

Nice. Not giving up, your scalp feels tight because cold causes everything to contract(think of shrinkage of our male parts in the cold) but, when that happens, our body starts pumping blood at a higher rate to all extremities to combat the constriction caused by the cold. If you take your vitamins and supplements about 45 mins before you take a cold shower, a far higher percentage of those vitamins/supplements will reach your hair follicles when your body starts trying to combat the cold.