+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I meant to post this here and not the samumed thread.

Shisheido recently declared they have the cure by 2018 via ips cells. If you look at the video by replicel from a few weeks back part 2 it shows dr ohyama doing research with ips cells. According to my online research dr ohyama now works with/for shisheido. So it's safe to say shisheido is doing research with ips cells and they probably have it figured out, hence the cure claim in 2018. I wonder about the safety but I'm no ipsc expert, shisheido may have figured that out also.

The real interesting research is drs Linder/lauster/atac & drs christiano/jahoda/Higgins. These researchers are very close and their method is safe for humans. If you look at the tissuse website it says 2013 "TissUse has also, at the same time, received an exclusive license for a promising cell therapy to combat hair loss, which was developed by the same department of the TU Berlin. “We are carrying out first clinical testing of this therapy with hair transplant centres worldwide,” said Marx."

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I meant to post this here and not the samumed thread.

Shisheido recently declared they have the cure by 2018 via ips cells. If you look at the video by replicel from a few weeks back part 2 it shows dr ohyama doing research with ips cells. According to my online research dr ohyama now works with/for shisheido. So it's safe to say shisheido is doing research with ips cells and they probably have it figured out, hence the cure claim in 2018. I wonder about the safety but I'm no ipsc expert, shisheido may have figured that out also.

The real interesting research is drs Linder/lauster/atac & drs christiano/jahoda/Higgins. These researchers are very close and their method is safe for humans. If you look at the tissuse website it says 2013 "TissUse has also, at the same time, received an exclusive license for a promising cell therapy to combat hair loss, which was developed by the same department of the TU Berlin. “We are carrying out first clinical testing of this therapy with hair transplant centres worldwide,” said Marx."
    Hey Renee! Are you sure Shiseido is working with ips cells? Cause when Replicel was asked about it, they denied the rumors. And from what I know Shiseido is using Replicel technology only.
    Are you sure this study is from Shiseido?

Thanks

Shisheido claimed in a recent article they will have the cure in 2018 via ips cells. If you look at the recently launched video part 2 it shows dr ohyama researching with ips cells. I did some research and found out that dr ohyama works with shisheido. So if you tie the two together the article claiming shisheido cure via ips cells make real sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Shisheido claimed in a recent article they will have the cure in 2018 via ips cells. If you look at the recently launched video part 2 it shows dr ohyama researching with ips cells. I did some research and found out that dr ohyama works with shisheido. So if you tie the two together the article claiming shisheido cure via ips cells make real sense.
    Yeah, so Replicel denied those articles are related to their technology
    Hopefully Shiseido is doing their own research with the ips cells. I've seen that video but I didn't know those doctors work for Shiseido. That's great then, cause they have enough money for research and trials.

Question

Yes renee is right, they don't work only with replicel technology

"Shiseido and RepliCel will collaborate on the continued improvement of the technology and will conduct human clinical trials in each of their territories with the goal of commercializing a safe and effective hair regenerative treatment to help those suffering from pattern baldness and thinning hair."

"Shiseido Opens Research Facility Dedicated to Hair Regeneration

Shiseido Co., Ltd. announces plans to open the Shiseido Cell-Processing and Expansion Center (SPEC) on May 1, 2014. The center, located in the in the Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster in Kobe, Japan, will centralize research and development on hair regenerative medicine with an aim toward commercialization"

At the last regenerative congress in japan, there was a presentation from the doctors who work for Sisheido hair research center:

Dr. Manabu Ohyama who will talk on the “Use of human induced pluripotent stem cells for the generation of hair inductive dermal cells.” Dr. Hoffmann will then present on the “Background and use of dermal sheath cup cells in cell-based therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia.” Closing the group will be Dr. Jiro Kishimoto, with a talk entitled, “Our approach for a hair regeneration clinical research study under Japan’s new ‘regenerative medicine’ law.”

RepliCel’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Rolf Hoffmann and licensing partner Shiseido Company Ltd.’s, Dr.’s Manabu Ohyama and Jiro Kishimoto, will be presenting at the 14th Congress of the Japanese Society for Regenerative Medicine (JSRM) 2015 in Yokohama, Japan.

So yes Sisheido treatment will be a replicel 2.0 ( or replicel 10.0 !)

But I wonder what the safety profile of an ipsc treatment would be. I'm more optimistic about christiano/jahoda/Higgins & lauster/Linder/atac teams. I hope to hear good news soon from one of these 2 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    LOL, that was MY comment!
    just had a thought after reading this:
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/28/90...ion-change-org

the white house promises to respond within 60 days from now on, for successfull petitions.

not that it would change things dramatically, but if we could put up a professionel petition where today's shitty situation with the FDA is clearly explained, also compared to the new laws in japan, we could raise a lot of awareness, and with a bit of luck it could go viral.
    further we would be sure that the white house guys read the stuff and give it some thoughts at least.

such a petition could change things for the better... but it has to be put up in a professional way.
    i think you, hellouser, have a good sense for such kind of marketing and raising awareness.

the best case scenario would be, that the U.S. adopts the same laws like japan, at least when it comes to cosmetical procedures.

just an idea. tell me what you think about it.

Isn't that almost what the 21st century cure act is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    Isn't that almost what the 21st century cure act is doing?
    i'm not sure. i think it's not exactly comparable to japan's law. in japan it's allowed to release a product DURING phase 2, if basic safety is already proven. this allows companies to conditionally release a product within 3 years.
    so let's say someone cracks the puzzle and creates lab-grown follicles tomorrow, then if the guys are eager and passionate to release the cure, they could do it in less than 3 years.
    such a timeframe will never be reality in the U.S.

this can give us full head regrowth ? Or is this another crap ?