+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    LOL, that was MY comment!
    haha very nice one

You're right Renee Sisheido plan for a real cure with their hair research center and with those two jap doc who work in. And I Wonder if this 21july discovery to eliminate high cancer risk cells could give a boost to test ipsc's technique

"On March 20th at 12:00 noon local time, RepliCel’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Rolf Hoffmann and licensing partner Shiseido Company Ltd.’s, Dr.’s Manabu Ohyama and Jiro Kishimoto, will be presenting at the 14th Congress of the Japanese Society for Regenerative Medicine (JSRM) 2015 in Yokohama, Japan. Leading the discussion will be Dr. Manabu Ohyama who will talk on the “Use of human induced pluripotent stem cells for the generation of hair inductive dermal cells.” Dr. Hoffmann will then present on the “Background and use of dermal sheath cup cells in cell-based therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia.” Closing the group will be Dr. Jiro Kishimoto, with a talk entitled, “Our approach for a hair regeneration clinical research study under Japan’s new ‘regenerative medicine’ law.”

"Shiseido and RepliCel will collaborate on the continued improvement of the technology and will conduct human clinical trials in each of their territories with the goal of commercializing a safe and effective hair regenerative treatment to help those suffering from pattern baldness and thinning hair."

"Shiseido Opens Research Facility Dedicated to Hair Regeneration

Shiseido Co., Ltd. announces plans to open the Shiseido Cell-Processing and Expansion Center (SPEC) on May 1, 2014. The center, located in the in the Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster in Kobe, Japan, will centralize research and development on hair regenerative medicine with an aim toward commercialization"

The race is starting between them, Regience, Keio Univ, Tsuji lab, (even Terskish),etc.. and all of these are ****in cures! God bless japan

March 2014,Daniel Goldman, Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan

"Takashi Tsuji (RIKEN CDB, Kobe, Japan) described his approach for bioengineering organs for transplantation and organ replacement in mice. A key to the success of this is the use of a 3D culture system where epithelial-mesenchymal interactions are reconstructed at high cell density with cell compartmentalization in a collagen drop. Once the organ germ develops they are transplanted into their native compartment for further maturation in vivo. Using this strategy, his lab has successfully bioengineered teeth, salivary gland, lachrymal gland and hair follicles. With the arrival of iPSC technology, it will be interesting to see whether these cells can be used for generating the organ germs needed for transplantation into humans"

IF high risk cancer cells are almost all killed with that recent discovery, Tsuji will surely try those HF germs on human soon, really soon( like regience). He have the method, and now that there is seems to be a free tumor iPS cells technic since july, I don't see why he could not soon enter a phase 1 with like 10 subjects and a really few amount of hair follicles germs transplanted.

And the competition is good with sisheido, regience ( regience collaborate with Riken center but with another lab, I don't think Tsuji work with them but maybe), Keio University that is developing the same method, they're probably in talk with a company,etc..

If Kodai discovery work as he claims, then it change a lot a things, human trials could begin finally

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    Here Luiza

http://beaker.sbpdiscovery.org/2015/...grow-new-hair/

“We have developed a method using human pluripotent stem cells to create new cells capable of initiating human hair growth"
    “Our stem cell method provides an unlimited source of cells from the patient for transplantation and isn’t limited by the availability of existing hair follicles.”
    “In adults, dermal papilla cells cannot be readily amplified outside of the body and they quickly lose their hair-inducing properties,” said Terskikh. “We developed a protocol to drive human pluripotent stem cells to differentiate into dermal papilla cells and confirmed their ability to induce hair growth when transplanted into mice.”
    “Our next step is to transplant human dermal papilla cells derived from human pluripotent stem cells back into human subjects,” said Terskikh. “We are currently seeking partnerships to implement this final step.”

He found what jahoda was missing one year before. And yes Renee I think it could really help ,look what the communication manager was saying in june:

"The first trials could start in two years from now if Dr. Terskikh can both fund his research ($1.5 million) and studies into the tumorigenicity of this approach ($5 million).

I hope this gives you more clarity on where this research stands.

Best,"

the price of the studies regarding tumorigenicity means that it is (was?)one of the major problem. So i hope that discovery from japan will give a big booster to test those continuous magnificient mouse studies results INTO HUMAN TRIAL FINALLY !! And if it does, I lower my timeline and I say 2/3 years for the japananese cure lol yes Im on a good mood tonight thanks to Dr Kosai
    That's so awesome! I think that in 5 years we probably will have a good solution even for high NWs. It has been too long, I've been throwing my life away for 8 years now knowing something will be here soon makes me strong enough to stick to concealers, hair systems or whatever to hold on til the cure!!
    I don't mind using all this shit stuff but I don't want to do it for too long.
    We are getting there! Can't wait!

yes luiza can't wait! Imagine that powerful feeling in our bodie and mind when hair loss will be something of the past after 10 years of hairloss headaches

Dr Kosai presented his discovery on a conference July 24:

Ken-ichiro Kosai (Department of Gene Therapy and Regenerative Medicine / Center for Innovative Therapy
    Research and Application, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences)

"Development of the original survivin-responsive conditionally replicating adenovirus toward the investigator-initiated GCP clinical trial"

Another japanese article on the discovery , but with Google trad:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...html&sandbox=1

"Play-virus technology of medical tumor of blocking"

"The world's first and recombinant virus - in clinical of preparation to specifically kill the new technology-tumorigenic cause cells to prevent the tumor of the most important challenges to overcome" direct "in regenerative medicine in human iPS cells "

With respect to the following of our research presentation, south Japan newspaper, Asahi Shimbun (national edition), the Sankei Shimbun (national edition), West newspaper, Tokyo Shimbun, such as the Kyoto Shimbun, it was reported in 20 or more companies of the newspaper.
    The following is the gist of this announcement.
    This time, by the application of m-CRA (multi-proliferation control type adenovirus precisely to treat cancer cells specifically targeted by a factor) technology, regenerative medicine using human pluripotent stem cells, such as human iPS cells It has become the most important of overcoming challenges in safety in clinical application "tumorigenesis (cancerous cells only, not teratoma also)" me has developed a new technology to "direct" blocking. This is unlike traditional "indirect" technology that attenuates the possibility of tumor reduction, "" (the cause of teratoma) undifferentiated cells that mix is a tumor of cause cells "specifically killing, It is a new strategy of "direct" to prevent "the tumor reduction can be removed. Moreover, "to grow only in tumorigenic cause cells (undifferentiated cells), the cells only specifically killing gene recombinant virus technology," reported the development of a world's first, scientific also originality pioneer There is a very high research. Furthermore survivin dependence m-CRA in particular, showed a high effect in the present study (Surv.m-CRA) is, this year the physician-led clinical trial that aims to put to practical use as innovative virus medicine to the University, Japan onset of cancer As is scheduled to begin, also it is developing as a formulation of clinical (May 20, 2015: see university press release) thing. The world's first clinical applications of regenerative medicine in human iPS cells is carried out in Japan, and has been highlighted as a problem that tumor reduction is a concern in terms of safety but, Surv.m-CRA clinical applications of regenerative medicine Because with as soon as possible also a possibility that you can respond to overcome problems with, this achievement is to have a clinically valuable in the field of regenerative medicine.

I see 10-15 years as being very possible, not sure about your 5..

I wonder if iPS cells could lead to reversal of the entire aging process.

Anybody got any ideas about this?

Are cancer-free iPS the cure for the aging process?

great info about iPS research again. iPS technology is HUGE

@ Lacazette

You are to naive man and believe in everything that you read on internet. That kind of papers have been published everytime and after couple of months we never heard of them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    @ Lacazette

You are to naive man and believe in everything that you read on internet. That kind of papers have been published everytime and after couple of months we never heard of them anymore.
    I believe in researchers studies, not what I read on internet, That kind of paper? which one? give me exemple if you have
    no more news months after that kind of discoveries doesn't mean they don't work on it and use the new method/discovery everyday. You work in stem cells lab? you're a scientist professor?
    nope I don't think, you're just here as the forum mice sniper, and try to evacuate your depression in that way x)
    We will have the cure destress man

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    I believe in researchers studies, not what I read on internet, That kind of paper? which one? give me exemple if you have
    no more news months after that kind of discoveries doesn't mean they don't work on it and use the new method/discovery everyday. You work in stem cells lab? you're a scientist professor?
    nope I don't think, you're just here as the forum mice sniper, and try to evacuate your depression in that way x)
    We will have the cure destress man
    This.