Acceleration in iPS cells clinical applications!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShookOnes
    • Jun 2014

a proof of concept in 2016 would be huge using these stem cells alone... doubtful on a clinical trial so soon though

Comment

• mikes23
      • Aug 2014

I was going to post that about a week ago when I read it, cause I wanted to see if you think it would help dr lauster.I Wanted to email it to dr lauster Also lacazette check this out

3D printing is becoming increasingly popular within the medical industry. Its relative cheapness and flexibility has recently seen the technology used to produce a titanium sternum and...

The creative breakthrough in the 3D blood vessel bio-printing means we have mastered the stem cell-based 3D bio-printing technology,” reports*CCTV America.

Researchers demonstrated how the printer could create a 4 inch-long blood vessel in just 2 minutes using its two print heads. "We create special environmental and biological conditions for our bio-bricks, making it possible to differentiate the cells as we need. So we can print each layer with a different cell," said Professor Kang Yu Jian, who led the research team

I still have my hopes for dr lauster since I had a few hair transplants and idk if these other treatments will work where my grafts were placed.

Comment

• joachim
        • May 2014

interesting study compares embryonic stem cells with iPS cells to see if they are equivalent:

the result is: yes, they are equivalent. only 50 of 200.000 genes had slightly different expressed levels, which is considered tolerable.

this even more paves the way for future iPS applications. more and more points to the fact that iPS is one of the biggest discoveries in mankind. soon we will be able to cure and replicate everything with that breakthrough iPS technology.

Comment

• brocktherock
          • Dec 2013

Even if you think he's being too optimistic, he is still a great help to people who come here to learn. He's brought up some great topics with sources to actually back them up

Comment

• FooFighter
            • Feb 2015

Just read the comment here

A team of scientists from Beijing's Tsinghua University have reportedly devised a means of producing uniform embryonic stem cells with a 3D printer. These cells stack like organic Lego bricks and could form the structural basis for future lab-grown organs. "It was really exciting to see that we could grow embryoid body in such a controlled manner," lead author Wei Sun said in a statement. "The grown embryoid body is uniform and homogenous, and serves as a much better starting point for further tissue growth." The study published yesterday in the journal Biofabrication.

Comment

• FooFighter
              • Feb 2015

Just read the comment here

A team of scientists from Beijing's Tsinghua University have reportedly devised a means of producing uniform embryonic stem cells with a 3D printer. These cells stack like organic Lego bricks and could form the structural basis for future lab-grown organs. "It was really exciting to see that we could grow embryoid body in such a controlled manner," lead author Wei Sun said in a statement. "The grown embryoid body is uniform and homogenous, and serves as a much better starting point for further tissue growth." The study published yesterday in the journal Biofabrication.

Comment

Working...