+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

It saddens me that at 15 years of age you are in the position that you have to ask such questions. However, I think that based on the photos you shared from two years ago you are one of those males that has always had a high hairline. Yes, the "wrinkle" issue is in fact an indicator of the difference between one's juvenile and mature hairline but it is not an exact reference. I'm surprised you know about this because it is something I have rarely, if ever, discussed online but is something I've seen on countless dozens of scalps in person.

Regardless, I think that the miniaturized hairs up front are normal and is what makes any hairline natural as opposed to what one may find on a transplanted hairline. Everyone has these finer hairs. So, I agree that you are fine but with the caveat that "for now" should be said as well. Do you have a history of hair loss in your family? If so, which side of your family? Mother, Father or both and to what degree (NW level)?

I think the most important thing to do right now is to relax. You're a good looking kid with great hair and know that if any recession or loss does occur you're already educated enough to at least acknowledge it. Prevention is key so it doesn't hurt, and I actually recommend, seeing another derm for a second opinion or even discuss with your parents the option of visiting an IAHRS member doctor to have a more direct discussion with someone that may be more qualified to discuss the issue with you. Derms may dismiss the issue more easily simply because it is a minor issue to most.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    It saddens me that at 15 years of age you are in the position that you have to ask such questions. However, I think that based on the photos you shared from two years ago you are one of those males that has always had a high hairline. Yes, the "wrinkle" issue is in fact an indicator of the difference between one's juvenile and mature hairline but it is not an exact reference. I'm surprised you know about this because it is something I have rarely, if ever, discussed online but is something I've seen on countless dozens of scalps in person.

Regardless, I think that the miniaturized hairs up front are normal and is what makes any hairline natural as opposed to what one may find on a transplanted hairline. Everyone has these finer hairs. So, I agree that you are fine but with the caveat that "for now" should be said as well. Do you have a history of hair loss in your family? If so, which side of your family? Mother, Father or both and to what degree (NW level)?

I think the most important thing to do right now is to relax. You're a good looking kid with great hair and know that if any recession or loss does occur you're already educated enough to at least acknowledge it. Prevention is key so it doesn't hurt, and I actually recommend, seeing another derm for a second opinion or even discuss with your parents the option of visiting an IAHRS member doctor to have a more direct discussion with someone that may be more qualified to discuss the issue with you. Derms may dismiss the issue more easily simply because it is a minor issue to most.
    Thank you so much for your response and I read the wrinkle in the forehead on the "baldingblog" before I came here so that's how I know. I'm glad for know and I'm glad those small hairs are normal. I do have some history with the worst getting nw3-nw4 with my father and 2 out of seven uncles. However, my grandfather in my mothers side had a full head of hair. Which I know doesn't mean has much has the saying says "if your moms dad is bald so are you". However, i don't losing hair later in my life it just made me nervous now if I was because I have been growing out my hair making my high hairline even more noticeable. Plus, big foreheads do tend to run in my family . I doubt my mom will take me to get another appointment because she thinks this whole scenario is kind of stupid, though I am visiting a therapist so that should help me calm down. I am glad I could get a pretty professional opinion on the matter. Thank you so much having a second opinion like that really helps ease my mind!!!

Your family history sounds good, in relation to what it means for your future. Because there is a history you should continue to be aware and proceed wtih not only caution but also without anxiety. With proper medical advice and guidance, along with parental supervision till you are 18, you should be ok, and with no massive degree of loss genetically written in stone I don't imagine there is a future of glaring, sun reflecting baldness to worry about. Acknowledgement, awareness and caution are the way to move forward. Oh, and the idea that your mother's father indicates your hair loss future is not correct. You get the genes from either or both sides.

I'm glad to help and good luck.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Your family history sounds good, in relation to what it means for your future. Because there is a history you should continue to be aware and proceed wtih not only caution but also without anxiety. With proper medical advice and guidance, along with parental supervision till you are 18, you should be ok, and with no massive degree of loss genetically written in stone I don't imagine there is a future of glaring, sun reflecting baldness to worry about. Acknowledgement, awareness and caution are the way to move forward. Oh, and the idea that your mother's father indicates your hair loss future is not correct. You get the genes from either or both sides.

I'm glad to help and good luck.
    yeah my family has pretty nice hair some with eve juvenile hairlines! Yeah I know so that's why my father made me a little nervous. Thank you for the help and cheers! I'll be leaving this forum for now who knows i may be here in the future cya all and thanks for the help!!!