+ Reply to Thread

Default Who is the best hair transplant clinics.

Hello cancan home reccomend a good dr for hair transplant in Los Angeles? I need one bad and I hate putting on hair fibers everyday it's annoying. I even use minoxidil but it's not doing anything for me. Please help.

You should check out www.iahrs.org to find some IAHRS surgeons to have consultations with. I've been seeing some very good results posted on this forum by Dr. Marc Dauer, Dr. Mohebi and Dr. Ziering. Both Dr. Mohebi and Dr. Ziering also use the ARTAS robot for some of their patients so you can ask about that. Take your time and do as much research as possible.

Thank you for ur reply j b Davis. I did do a little research and I find that the ARTAS has many mixed reviews and many Drs downgrade it. I find that the Fue is the most mentioned method and someone said that Zeiring mainly does the Fuss method which after reading about I don't want. It's seems very painful and I don't want to have a scar on my head. There are many Drs in LA area and it could be very misleading because one said the fuss is bad and the other said the Fue is bad. It seems like for me he FUE is the way to go but with who I'm not sure of yet. Cost is also so thin I need to mention because I do have a budget. I know they say u get what u pay for but many people r happy with the clinics that charge less as well. Also I can't travel and I don't like to because it would be too much of a hassle and discomfort for me. I'm still lost. Gonna do more research and see what I can dig up. Wish me luck.

why are u stuck on LA? there are FAR better choices out there in this country and surely even better in Europe. if ur on a budget then the US is not where u want a HT. although, Dr. Vorhees in south carolina has some of the most reasonable rates in the US at $4 a graft.

steer clear of FUT. unless u want to roll the dice with havn an ear to ear disfiguring scar on ur head. FUE only period! how many grafts do u need?

I'm not able to go out of country its an inconvenience to me. Just not possible. I am on a budget as well. Definitely not interested in anything other than FUE. And so far after going to a few consults and getting different opinions on grafts needed I believe that 3000 to 3500 grafts is a safe number. I want to set a consult with dr. Umar but I hear he's super expensive. Also Alvi Armani I heard is very expensive as well. This is very difficult my god...

Quote Originally Posted by Halomoon View Post
    I'm not able to go out of country its an inconvenience to me. Just not possible. I am on a budget as well. Definitely not interested in anything other than FUE. And so far after going to a few consults and getting different opinions on grafts needed I believe that 3000 to 3500 grafts is a safe number. I want to set a consult with dr. Umar but I hear he's super expensive. Also Alvi Armani I heard is very expensive as well. This is very difficult my god...
    lol its an inconvenience for you? well, 3500 grafts is gonna cost you about $25k from the two doctors you listed. not sure why ur even entertaining either of those wen there are better choices in Europe for HALF the price. yes HALF the price.

if saving $12-15k by taking a flight to Europe is an inconvenience for u then id say u have ur priorities backwards.

you to expand ur horizons here and get out of ur head that u need to stay local to someone in CA to get a HT. apparently you haven't done much research. why have u not considered Vorhees? have u looked at his work? its about as good as ur gonna get and for someone who needs 3500 grafts and on a budget it wud be wise to look him up.

Inactive

Hey man. GNX is right that you shouldn't base your final decision on any one factor, whether this be location, price, method, etc. You want to make the decision that is the best fit for you comprehensively. Yes, it's convenient to stay local. I stayed local myself when I did my HT with Dr. Mohebi here in LA. However, that shouldn't be a deciding factor for you. In fact, I don't think any one thing should be the deciding factor. You have to look at the big picture, be flexible, and figure out what works best for you as a whole.

My best advice for you is to have an open mind about all of it. Depending on any number of factors, you may find that you're a better candidate for FUT, for example. And if that's the case, it's in your best interest to be open to that information and to consider it.

Keep doing research, ask questions, meet with doctors and find the one that you feel you can trust to lead you down the right path. But don't be so rigid in your thinking.... It could end up being something you regret in the longterm.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.