+ Reply to Thread

Default Long term balding, but very rapid recently.

Hi everyone,

I made a post on one of the forums which hasn't been answered yet but I thought I would introduce myself here so people get to know about me before I make a load more posts.

I started losing my hair in a minor way when I was about 15. Very small recession at the hairline but that was about it. My hairline didn't move very much in the following years- it was high but it receded slow enough for it not to be noticeable that it was happening and it still had the same thickness (which was admittedly thin anyway)

I'm 29 now and my hair is falling out rapidly. Even in the last month alone its noticeably thinner. I don't know what happened really. Just over a year and a half ago not long after I'd come off being on holiday I noticed that a chunk of the hair had fallen out on the right side of my hairline. I didn't think much of it until the other side of my hairline took a hit as well.

I asked the doctor for propecia and after I'd taken a months supply, my hair began falling out even worse than before so I stopped taking it. The deterioration continued over the following year and a half but not at such a rapid rate as I'm experiencing now. I have my hair shaved very short because one side is so receded that it just looks like I have no hair there anyway. If I grew it it would just look like a thin line of hair going down my head.

I don't know why but the last month has seen the whole of one side of my hairline gone and a big part of the other. It even looks worse today than it did 3 days ago.

I think I have a good enough donor area but I don't know how many hairs will be able to be used at the back of my head. I was thinking, I have some body hair that I actually don't want and killing 2 birds with one stone might be an idea with that.

I also have that annoying hair that grows around the back of your neck near the hairline close to where the beard grows. I have to shave that hair off even more that I have to buzz my head. Can you use that hair, or would the scars be too obvious?

Thanks for reading,

David

great that you can at least "Buzz cut" your hair..and not look retarded like me...I wish I could either shave or Buzz cut my hair but my head shape wont allow it...kudos to you buddy! now go Life your Life and dont Think about hairloss anymore you dont realise how lucky you really are....or sure get a transplant if you want...also some people that take finasteride they go through a "shedding phase" this can either be a good or a bad sign you just never know...some guys here on the forums has said that they lost alot more hair during the months on finasteride...one guy lost 50% of his hair on finasteride after taking it for 1 year...so you just never know how you would end up....its your decision to make on this matter...I personally dont use finasteride it gave me severely dry Eyes after 1 month of usage so I had to stop it took 4 Days to recover... so im just using RU and minox now...and naturall treatments thats all I can do for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    great that you can at least "Buzz cut" your hair..and not look retarded like me...I wish I could either shave or Buzz cut my hair but my head shape wont allow it...kudos to you buddy! now go Life your Life and dont Think about hairloss anymore you dont realise how lucky you really are....or sure get a transplant if you want...also some people that take finasteride they go through a "shedding phase" this can either be a good or a bad sign you just never know...so im just using RU and minox now...and naturall treatments thats all I can do for now...
    Haha I wish my head was a decent shape, it's also part of the reason I want a transplant, the shape could still be worse though I suppose.

I've not heard of anyone reversing MPB without a transplant. Even with propecia/finasteride the best anyone seems to be able to claim is holding onto the hair they've got left, or maybe a slight regrowth (but that's very rare).

Someone was writing on here about healthy living improving your hair but again, I think that healthy living might better maintain the existing hair but can hardly do anything to regrow it. Stress of course is something that can kill hair and I will try to avoid that, but what I want is that my hair grows more back. How else can this be done without a transplant?

well...if u wont take finasteride again or even try minoxidill then you dont have many other options..but there are guys I meet that said they did some "scalp exercises" and they got new hair growth on their hairline.. just read Another guy on Youtube doing it 2 hours a day for just 1 month and saw new growth on his hairline hmm...not sure what to Believe but there are some guys claiming they have stopped their "MPB" by doing these scalp exercises...the thing is that DHT deactives in the muscles and if you exercise your frontalis then less DHT will be there to attack your hair...also it promotes better bloodflow and possibly reducing skin fibrosis caused by calcium deposits..this is what I read anyway...you can also try the herbalisers naturall regime.. which is this link https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ght=herbaliser and you can TRY to get more nutrients vitamins and silica to your hair by making freshly pressed juice every morning I mix cucumber,carrots selleri,apple it taste really good and is good for you and your hair ofc....I mean try Everything you can Before you give up...I do use RU58841 which is a topicall anti-androgen...not sure if its helping my hair but I still use it..also use minox but its not giving me regrowth. I might even stop that after 4 month of usage many people dont have success with minox and if they DO have success with it it WONT last for too long at all..one guy on Youtube got all his hair back after using rogaine "liquid" and then 1 year later or so he lost Everything and the stuff just stopped working for him...I brush my hair with a "bristle boar brush" everyday to promote bloodflow my scalp gets red which I want..and it can stimulate the hair and remove dirt from your scalp...it deffo removes dirt and stuff because I see my comb gets White even after a shower...it removes dead skin aswell...some say they got regrowth from boar brushing so it cant possibly hurt to try it...and a Little head massages everyday just a Little press your scalp skin together and stuff like that...and try not to masturbate too often bro some claim to have stopped or regrown their hair by not masturbating lol I have read several posts like that and I do Believe them...but do what you want bro...but try Everything you can Before you give up your hairloss! cheers and good luck with Everything!

Thanks for the reply and the advice. I'll let you know what happens after I try some of your suggestions.

I was going to ask you in a private message but I couldn't see how to do it. But I was wondering how long you've been brushing etc for and has it had any effect?

I think you've made a mistake by stopping with propecia. You said that more hair started falling out after using propecia and I believe that's the sign that the medication is working (shedding).

But you should have continued to use propecia for a year to 18 months to see the final results.

I just started brushing 1 week ago...more time is needed ofc...