+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Wondering if the whole 'framing your face' thing is overrated...

Seriously, will framing your face improve your attractiveness by that much.....or is it all just in our minds........

Guys like Baldozer have the guts to move through life and be happy so I'm wondering....

I have never agreed with `framing your face`. It just looks weird ! I would forget my hairline and temples and work the central core zone 3, thicken that area up and get on with life. Progression and donor availabilty enables you to expand this area later on in life if you would like to. Framing the face takes away this option. Just my opinion
    Have a good weekend ftl
    ejj

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    I have never agreed with `framing your face`. It just looks weird ! I would forget my hairline and temples and work the central core zone 3, thicken that area up and get on with life. Progression and donor availabilty enables you to expand this area later on in life if you would like to. Framing the face takes away this option. Just my opinion
    Have a good weekend ftl
    ejj
    I thinking "framing the face" is subjective. In my mind, framing the face is putting a roof on an open framework for a house. It can be high or it can be low. If you look at celebrities like Kevin Spacey or Jude Law even their small forelocks frame their faces. Remove these forelocks and they look bald. It is a big difference.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I went from this:

To this:

Trust me, it's not overrated at all. It makes a world of a difference in the way I'm treated by society, and most importantly, on my mental well-being.

I don't feel that my facial features are out of proportion anymore. I don't feel like I have an infinite forehead. And I don't feel old because of the grandpa horseshoe.

Framing the face is very important. For some, it is crucial. The shape of the head and temple points help dictate the proportions of the face. If there is nothing sitting on the top of your head (hair) to provide a reference to the eyes where to look, then it can make you look really haggard, and put your facial proportions way out of...proportion.

We check each other out first from our feet, to the top of our heads. Hair helps provide a reference, and frames the face. Without it, it can be disfiguring for some people.

Thats the area I am refering to, the forelock. If you thicken this area up I honestly think it eliminates the traditional bald look.
    Pending future hair loss, grafts in the bank and finances to keep chasing hairloss, I think you retain a certain level of control.

I wonder how some of these large procedures of grafts into the temples, and first couple of cms of the hairline are going to look in 5-10 years

Ps Fred you look great, thats good donor planning, am I right in thinking your graft placement was higher in the central core, then dispersed outwards?

Have a good weekend

ejj

Inactive

@Fred - That's a huge improvement. Sometimes something as simple and subtle as that is all you need to make a world of difference. Congrats.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I went from this:

To this:

Trust me, it's not overrated at all. It makes a world of a difference in the way I'm treated by society, and most importantly, on my mental well-being.

I don't feel that my facial features are out of proportion anymore. I don't feel like I have an infinite forehead. And I don't feel old because of the grandpa horseshoe.
    Fred, you look great in both the before and after. You have a great head shape!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I thinking "framing the face" is subjective. In my mind, framing the face is putting a roof on an open framework for a house. It can be high or it can be low. If you look at celebrities like Kevin Spacey or Jude Law even their small forelocks frame their faces. Remove these forelocks and they look bald. It is a big difference.
    I've seen Joe Tillman's before pictures. He looks great in both to be honest. It is because he has a good looking face, and he could cut all his hair off and still be considered very attractive.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi my friend FlightTL!!
    It all a matter of acceptance and staying realistic.
    I myself am realistic about life and I accept my hair for what it is right now.
    If someone else does not accept what my scalp looks like today, I cannot be bothered by it.

A 'Framing of ones face' is A-OK!

Because of my use of Finasteride, 2 years now, my face/hairline is somewhat 'framed'...
    Although, Finasteride IS improving my crown area too, it is STILL bald back there. of course.
    I do NOT ALLOW that to upset me nor do I get stressed over it because I DO have an OK 'Facial-framing'
    Especially when i improve it by applying DermMatch and Caboki .