Wondering if the whole 'framing your face' thing is overrated...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlightTL
    • Jun 2011

Wondering if the whole 'framing your face' thing is overrated...

Seriously, will framing your face improve your attractiveness by that much.....or is it all just in our minds........

Guys like Baldozer have the guts to move through life and be happy so I'm wondering....
  • ejj
    • Dec 2010

I have never agreed with `framing your face`. It just looks weird ! I would forget my hairline and temples and work the central core zone 3, thicken that area up and get on with life. Progression and donor availabilty enables you to expand this area later on in life if you would like to. Framing the face takes away this option. Just my opinion
    Have a good weekend ftl
    ejj

Comment

• JoeTillman
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by ejj
      I have never agreed with `framing your face`. It just looks weird ! I would forget my hairline and temples and work the central core zone 3, thicken that area up and get on with life. Progression and donor availabilty enables you to expand this area later on in life if you would like to. Framing the face takes away this option. Just my opinion
      Have a good weekend ftl
      ejj
      I thinking "framing the face" is subjective. In my mind, framing the face is putting a roof on an open framework for a house. It can be high or it can be low. If you look at celebrities like Kevin Spacey or Jude Law even their small forelocks frame their faces. Remove these forelocks and they look bald. It is a big difference.
      Joe Tillman
      The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
      See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• fred970
        • Nov 2009

I went from this:

To this:

Trust me, it's not overrated at all. It makes a world of a difference in the way I'm treated by society, and most importantly, on my mental well-being.

I don't feel that my facial features are out of proportion anymore. I don't feel like I have an infinite forehead. And I don't feel old because of the grandpa horseshoe.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
          • Sep 2014

Framing the face is very important. For some, it is crucial. The shape of the head and temple points help dictate the proportions of the face. If there is nothing sitting on the top of your head (hair) to provide a reference to the eyes where to look, then it can make you look really haggard, and put your facial proportions way out of...proportion.

We check each other out first from our feet, to the top of our heads. Hair helps provide a reference, and frames the face. Without it, it can be disfiguring for some people.

Comment

• ejj
            • Dec 2010

Thats the area I am refering to, the forelock. If you thicken this area up I honestly think it eliminates the traditional bald look.
            Pending future hair loss, grafts in the bank and finances to keep chasing hairloss, I think you retain a certain level of control.

I wonder how some of these large procedures of grafts into the temples, and first couple of cms of the hairline are going to look in 5-10 years

Ps Fred you look great, thats good donor planning, am I right in thinking your graft placement was higher in the central core, then dispersed outwards?

Have a good weekend

ejj

Comment

• pkipling
              Inactive
              • Sep 2014

@Fred - That's a huge improvement. Sometimes something as simple and subtle as that is all you need to make a world of difference. Congrats.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• FlightTL
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by fred970
                I went from this:

To this:

Trust me, it's not overrated at all. It makes a world of a difference in the way I'm treated by society, and most importantly, on my mental well-being.

I don't feel that my facial features are out of proportion anymore. I don't feel like I have an infinite forehead. And I don't feel old because of the grandpa horseshoe.
                Fred, you look great in both the before and after. You have a great head shape!

Comment

• FlightTL
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by JoeTillman
                  I thinking "framing the face" is subjective. In my mind, framing the face is putting a roof on an open framework for a house. It can be high or it can be low. If you look at celebrities like Kevin Spacey or Jude Law even their small forelocks frame their faces. Remove these forelocks and they look bald. It is a big difference.
                  I've seen Joe Tillman's before pictures. He looks great in both to be honest. It is because he has a good looking face, and he could cut all his hair off and still be considered very attractive.

Comment

• Artista
                    • Apr 2010

Hi my friend FlightTL!!
                    It all a matter of acceptance and staying realistic.
                    I myself am realistic about life and I accept my hair for what it is right now.
                    If someone else does not accept what my scalp looks like today, I cannot be bothered by it.

A 'Framing of ones face' is A-OK!

Because of my use of Finasteride, 2 years now, my face/hairline is somewhat 'framed'...
                    Although, Finasteride IS improving my crown area too, it is STILL bald back there. of course.
                    I do NOT ALLOW that to upset me nor do I get stressed over it because I DO have an OK 'Facial-framing'
                    Especially when i improve it by applying DermMatch and Caboki .

Comment

• FlightTL
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Artista
                      Hi my friend FlightTL!!
                      It all a matter of acceptance and staying realistic.
                      I myself am realistic about life and I accept my hair for what it is right now.
                      If someone else does not accept what my scalp looks like today, I cannot be bothered by it.

A 'Framing of ones face' is A-OK!

Because of my use of Finasteride, 2 years now, my face/hairline is somewhat 'framed'...
                      Although, Finasteride IS improving my crown area too, it is STILL bald back there. of course.
                      I do NOT ALLOW that to upset me nor do I get stressed over it because I DO have an OK 'Facial-framing'
                      Especially when i improve it by applying DermMatch and Caboki .
                      I'm happy for your success. As always, good luck....

Comment

• Artista
                        • Apr 2010

Thank you Flight' I feel that , in time, we WILL have an innovative and new scientific treatment for hairloss available for us all.
                        Dr. Wesley is so very involved in updating and improving his Pilofocus science.
                        We all must be patient and live our lives regardless of what is and what is not.
                        Of course , you already know that Flight' ,,I write this for all of our members,,especially our very YOUNG members!!

Comment

• FlightTL
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Artista
                          Thank you Flight' I feel that , in time, we WILL have an innovative and new scientific treatment for hairloss available for us all.
                          Dr. Wesley is so very involved in updating and improving his Pilofocus science.
                          We all must be patient and live our lives regardless of what is and what is not.
                          Of course , you already know that Flight' ,,I write this for all of our members,,especially our very YOUNG members!!
                          Artista is like the 'Spencer Kobren' of the forums.....May you be blessed with full hair, dear sir.

Comment

• WHTC Clinic
                            IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                            • Oct 2013

In hair restoration, it seems that much of the desire to frame is based on bone structure or forehead shape. Some guys should shave or buzz it to offer a more appealing appearance. Balance of the face distributes the viewer's attention and can really do well for a guy's appearance.
                            Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
                            London, UK - Available (Sat.)
                            Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
                            Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
                            Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
                            customer.care@mywhtc.com
                            Telephone
                            +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
                            +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
                            les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Comment

Working...