+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Regience

Default Regience

Anybody heard of this Japanese company called Regience?

regience.jp/english/

They are trying to develop a cell based cure for hairloss and have partnered with Riken & Tokyo university.

Regience K.K. (hereafter, Regience) and RIKEN, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (hereafter, RIKEN) made an agreement of collaboration to study toward “derivation and cultivation of hair follicle-related stem cells maintaining high potency to reconstruct the hair follicle”. In this collaboration, the expertise of RIKEN (the profound knowledge of Extracellular Matrix; ECM, accumulated by Dr. Hironobu Fujiwara, Team Leader of Tissue Microenvironment, Center for Developmental Biology; CDB, RIKEN) and of Regience (the technology of 3D cultivation system in which a biological environment suitable for the proliferation of mammalian cells is reproduced) will be combined to create stem cell niche* in vitro.This project is expected to leads to the final goal of the successive reconstruction of hair follicle in vitro.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Regience K.K. (hereafter, Regience) and RIKEN, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (hereafter, RIKEN) made an agreement of collaboration to study toward “derivation and cultivation of hair follicle-related stem cells maintaining high potency to reconstruct the hair follicle”. In this collaboration, the expertise of RIKEN (the profound knowledge of Extracellular Matrix; ECM, accumulated by Dr. Hironobu Fujiwara, Team Leader of Tissue Microenvironment, Center for Developmental Biology; CDB, RIKEN) and of Regience (the technology of 3D cultivation system in which a biological environment suitable for the proliferation of mammalian cells is reproduced) will be combined to create stem cell niche* in vitro.This project is expected to leads to the final goal of the successive reconstruction of hair follicle in vitro.
    5 - 10 years away Renee.

I'm glad they're doing this research but if SM04554 is safe and effective it will be available much MUCH sooner.

sounds great! more and more research is done now around hair follicles.
    i have no doubt. all the remaining puzzles will be solved within the next 3 years, and lab-grown follicles in vitro will be a realitiy.
    unfortunately, from that day on it will still require years to get it to market.
    i hope with japan's new laws they can find a way to bring a cure within 5 years. i think it's optimistic, but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    sounds great! more and more research is done now around hair follicles.
    i have no doubt. all the remaining puzzles will be solved within the next 3 years, and lab-grown follicles in vitro will be a realitiy.
    unfortunately, from that day on it will still require years to get it to market.
    i hope with japan's new laws they can find a way to bring a cure within 5 years. i think it's optimistic, but possible.
    Yes finally people have started working on AGA problem. But I still feel bitter about the fact that all of this activity and research should have started 5 years ago at least...

In this case they are talking about cultivating stem cells for hair follicles in vitro. Meaning they have to create them in lab in controlled environment. And afterwards they have to test it on mice and then on humans. This will take a lot of years.

Yes but they have partnered with Riken, which is where tsuji did his research on hair in 2012. So I'm assuming they are not starting from scratch. I emailed the company hopefully they respond.

Riken & tsuji lab from 2012:

The organ germ method, that we previously developed could autonomously regenerate fully functional hair follicle and tooth from the fetal germ cells.
    We developed the organ germ method to apply the technology to adult cells in order to regenerate hair follicles that are normally connected to the dermal epidermal layer and other tissues.

This technology, a major breakthrough in the practical use of hair regenerative therapy, enables the reproductive hair follicle to connect adequately to the surrounding tissues and to be reproduced functionally. In the future, we will contribute to hair regenerative therapy via transplantation therapy through the reproduction of hair follicle germ with autologous stem cells.

There is another company based in japan called organ technologies inc.
    http://www.organ-technol.co.jp/en/profile.html

Takashi tsuji is a director.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    There is another company based in japan called organ technologies inc.
    http://www.organ-technol.co.jp/en/profile.html

Takashi tsuji is a director.
    you and lazacette are really bringing up lots of good info and research. seems like you're digging out some new stuff every day :-)
    being proactive is key here. the answer is somewhere out there.

thanks so much for the good work! (just felt the need to say that right now)