+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
    I get that people pretend to always have it worse (Fred loves to say that about him in everything) even just to give support. While I only get frustrated more on people who understand loneliness when they are everyone's center of attention or those who pretend to know loss when the family dog dies so to speak.

Like I said when I first found this site I was very concerned what women would think, I didn't even worry about what other guys thought or what my boss would think etc because I knew hair wouldn't define my achievements, however attraction is something where the most you can do is take care of yourself, go for this you find very attractive and keep trying until one returns it. Even with no hair I never considered settling on that. But what irks me is a young guy coming here to investigate hairloss sees many posters like Fred saying baldness is so awful it's the end of your life basically, so if that's the first example someone has of life without hair young they run the risk of turning into someone like that. (I'm not saying any of this about you or the majority of posters, just those who attack any evidence of success bald) that's why I created this post, if some young guy is losing hair to mpb, or alopecia, or a weird hybrid type deal like mine with TE and follicle damage, I want them to know that if they handle it life will go on just fine. I mean let's be honest a lot of men of bald, over 2/3rds they say and even many young ones in the big picture. The truth is 95% of those guys probably don't even know this site exists and live on just fine. When I first started here and was bummed about what I saw my mother showed me a picture of a friends daughters husband, the guy was white and cueball like me, balding since highschool, and his now wife is gorgeous and model like. I seen that and thought to myself 'he doesn't even know there's a forum for it I bet' and after that I stopped coming here or other sites. I walked proud with a shaved head. I've always had balls to be bold and that's the one thing I will brag about some. In a way a shaved head showed me my personal happiness is way above what culture thinks of hair and I honestly believe that's why I've had success, people can tell I'm not ashamed. And that's why I can't stand people like Fred in these posts, I know some guys aren't balding bad and say it's no biggie, but I gave evidence and he's trying to nitpick some inconsistency to prove himself right. My hope is some new guy who's losing hair finds my post first and learns that a shaved head can get you by just as fine as hair (because let's be honest treatments for hairloss are extremely iffy) no matter what some people say on here.
    But I do thank you for being civil and helping point out some if the skepticism which I can understand
    Beavecake, just look at Bruce Willis. He cut off all his hair, and his wife is super HOT. Good luck and hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Beavecake, just look at Bruce Willis. He cut off all his hair, and his wife is super HOT. Good luck and hang in there!
    Bruce Willis is 60, filthy rich, and a celebrity. Wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    While he is a celebrity (which disproves some peoples points that baldness is viewed as some awful beta disorder by society) plenty of 'regular' bald guys do fine too. Of the four other guys I know of who bladed and shave around my age, two got married to very gorgeous model type girls, one got married to a very pretty girl, and the last one got married to a very unattractive girl, you know the difference between them? The first three all took care of themselves and I haven't seen hairloss ever affect them like it has people here, the last one is a fat slob who's brain works pretty slow, so that's the reason he got less, it's not about hair. True some girls hot or not won't get past it, but just as many even young will, so it's not a big issue. Don't worry about what others say here. Although I can say many girls seem to prefer shaved over thin or horshoe hair grown out. I think people forget girls turn down guys for tons of different physical aspects all the time, just go for a girl you find attractive until one you do thinks the same. That's how it works, hair or lacking it won't stop you.

Married? How is that an achievement? If they got married, that means they got money, otherwise no woman would be marrying them.

It's going to be fun for them when they get divorced and she takes half his possessions and the kids. Back on the dating market, broke and bald.

That's going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Married? How is that an achievement? If they got married, that means they got money, otherwise no woman would be marrying them.

It's going to be fun for them when they get divorced and she takes half his possessions and the kids. Back on the dating market, broke and bald.

That's going to be fun.
    Prenup.

Married? How is that an achievement? If they got married, that means they got money, otherwise no woman would be marrying them..
    You sound very bitter
    A lot of people lose their hair and deal with it . They buzz it , shave it , take med, get HT's whatever suits them .
    Hair loss isn' t the end of the world and it isn't the deciding factor on meeing someone and getting married and living an enjoyable life.

That's going to be fun.
    Alright Fred, despite evidence otherwise and your counters, they do middle class run of the mill jobs, ones a police officer another's not even done with college yet and he's like 25 so obviously it isn't money. I'm getting really tired of you disrespecting people who get past baldness because you couldn't. It's not so much your opinion of me, at no point in my day do I think 'oh my girl is lying to me because Fred said women hate bald guys' or 'all my co workers are laughing at me I bet because some Internet forum guy said they would' but what irks me now is you are now going way off the scale. Now it isn't even really about baldness, your post almost sounded cynical about marriage itself.

Fred you really need ask for a refund from your shrink because you seem to think everyone is a cynic working against bald men. It really is in your head, sure some girls won't like it, rarely is it a preference I'll give you that, but most don't care enough to make or break a guys attractiveness to them. The idea that bald is hated and slandered and viewed as less of a person or genetic garbage is all in your head, you'll hear a comment and think it's the end of the world when it may have been friendly joshing.

I'm going to use a term you love to use against people who live happily with no hair and get by fine to describe your minds way of thinking on this issue; it's delusional.