Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • annonymous4a
    • Aug 2014

help please.. alopecia ?

Hi, what works for alopecia ? I have alopecia in a particular region, just my right side in the back of my head, near my nape area. I'm getting depressed because the whole area is thinning and I'm not sure what to take for it. I'm using rogaine and clobetasol propionate (suggested by dermatologist for alopecia ) but was wondering if theres anything else I could take as I'm not seeing any improvement in the area. Would propecia help ? If anyone else can suggest something else to stop the miniaturization and to improve growth , I would greatly appreciate it .

thank you
  • TooMuchHairWontKillYou
    • Apr 2015

Probably you have alopecia areata. google it, I dont know much about it. And go to doctor for sure, as i know rogaine cant help that situation

Comment

• annonymous4a
      • Aug 2014

yeah i went to some dermatologists and they recommended rogaine and prescribed clobetasol 17-propionate steroid for application on the area.. I just came on these boards hoping to see if anyone else can recommend anything else I can try for alopecia..

Comment

• Soonbald
        • Apr 2015

stop being so lazy and do your OWN RESEARCH... people here got "MPB" not your kind of hairloss theres no point in asking questions about alopecia areata on here.. thank you!

Comment

• Vic
          • Apr 2014

PRP has been shown to help. A cheaper version would be a dermaroller. Both signal the scalp to send growth factors to the treated area.

Comment

• annonymous4a
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Vic
            PRP has been shown to help. A cheaper version would be a dermaroller. Both signal the scalp to send growth factors to the treated area.
            I've tried prp but didn't see any new hairs grow out , how would a dermaroller help ? I do have a derma roller but only used it to try to diminish the appearance of my strip scar ..

Comment

• Vic
              • Apr 2014

A dermaroller triggers growth factors to rush to the area treated. The same growth factors that healed your scar can heal hair follicles. Here's a study on it;

Comment

Working...