+ Reply to Thread

Default Loniten(oral minoxidil) has anyone tried it..

Hey guys, simple question, but many difficult answers will come fourth. I had to quit minoxidil due to irritation even though I don't know if it was from minox (probably). Anyway, I've been shedding since November and losing ground badly even though I only applied it to my hairline.. I was thinking of using a 5mg dose of loniten (yes I know there are sides). Has anyone tried this or does anyone have experience?

Also keen to know about this so bump.

From what I understand it's crazy dangerous to use long term but a lot of people say 5mg is possibly safe. Would think more people would use it if that was the case though.

go for a compounded minox that catered to you. call murray avenue apothecary, google them and speak to the pharmacist susan, discuss your problems and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    Also keen to know about this so bump.

From what I understand it's crazy dangerous to use long term but a lot of people say 5mg is possibly safe. Would think more people would use it if that was the case though.

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    go for a compounded minox that catered to you. call murray avenue apothecary, google them and speak to the pharmacist susan, discuss your problems and go from there.
    Ah I'm in the UK bud, doubt they'd deliver to this side of the pond

they will, give them an email. lots of ppl from the uk buy from them

Oral minoxidil? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you should know how serious I am based on the number of exclamation marks!

I really want to hear from those who have either witnessed results or have tried it. From my understanding, 5mg is low enough to be safe from sides..

yo Ziggy, I actually bought some Loniten from InHouse when I bought my Sulfa yesterday. I read a thread where some Doctor said it was basically safe at 5mg and his patients all had good regrowth or maintenance, and it really got my hopes up.

But then I've spent a few hours reading through threads where people got ****ed up sides from 5mg - serious cardio problems, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, dangerous blood pressure levels. Not to to mention weight gain, swelling, hair all over the body, cheeks, unibrow, and people reporting insane shedding worse than topical minox. This is all on 5mg. It sucks because I was really willing to try it.

If you are going to try it, do it under the supervision of a doctor with regular checkups. I guess you'll find out within a few weeks if you can tolerate it or not. Even if you can - you'd have to be on it for life to maintain that minox dependent hair, and long-term usage comes with serious cardio problems. It's serious shit.

I know you're gonna do what you want to do, but you're playing with fire with stuff like that. Blood pressure medications can have significant side effects, including actual sexual dysfunction among other things. Oral minoxidil is also known to nondiscriminately grow hair... So basically everywhere. Not sure if that's something that bothers you or not. I personally wouldn't mess with it.

In the thousands of threads and articles I have read through, I have never heard of ANYONE taking this crap that didn't have side effects. You wanna f*ck with your cardiovascular system to that extent... I would say, maybe you'll grow a little hair... but maybe also prepare yourself for another horrible bout of telogen effluvium. Once you experience TE, it becomes even more likely you will experience it again. Drastically f*cking with your cardiovascular system is a horrible idea, especially at a young age. I don't know why any ethical doctor would ever prescribe this to someone with the sole purpose of prevention hair loss.