+ Reply to Thread

Default 20 year old and im not sure whether im balding

Hey guys im a 20 year old male and while growing up my mom would always say im going to be going bald because both her father and brother lost their hair. I just wanted other peoples opinions on whether i have early signs of balding and whether keeping my hair long like it is now, reveals it more. ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	40811Click image for larger version

Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	40812Click image for larger version

Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	40813Click image for larger version

Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	40814Click image for larger version

Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	40815Click image for larger version

Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	40816

Quote Originally Posted by Alex16 View Post
    Hey guys im a 20 year old male and while growing up my mom would always say im going to be going bald because both her father and brother lost their hair. I just wanted other peoples opinions on whether i have early signs of balding and whether keeping my hair long like it is now, reveals it more. ThanksAttachment 40811Attachment 40812Attachment 40813Attachment 40814Attachment 40815Attachment 40816
    Yeah you're screwed

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
    Yeah you're screwed
    Is that your catch phrase? Yeah man, you're thinning in the crown and hair line. Not too bad yet, and if you're a good responder to the medications, research finasteride and minoxidil. Good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Is that your catch phrase? Yeah man, you're thinning in the crown and hair line. Not too bad yet, and if you're a good responder to the medications, research finasteride and minoxidil. Good luck bro.
    No, but at 20 that's insane.

hey man, yes indeed, you are thinning on the crown, and on the hairline, slightly. You also have a widow's peak, which can be totally normal, as most of men are maturing their hairline this way. I would advise you to go on FIN or DUT, but considering your age, and that you still need to build yourself hormonally speaking, you should avoid these treatments, which, in any case, often come with side effects.

GO to a dermatologist specialized in hair, have a serious talk with him and check your alternatives. DO you have any sheeding and/or itching in your scalp ? Check carefully where you at, up to now. As to now, i only see minoxidil which could be beneficial to thicken your hair.

>You could safely go also for Adenosine and/or stemoxydine to thicken your hair also.

Good luck lil' bro !

Hi, I too have a similar family history and I am 25 years old. If you have hairfall in your blood then there are very high chances you are also going to follow the same path but I believe 20 is way too early for that. It can be delayed with right precautions and cure. I started to have hairfall a couple of years back and I consulted a lot of doctors, tried a lot of medicines, minoxidil etc. etc. to cure the hairfall but nothing much worked for me. The problem with hairfall medication is that majority of people do a hit and try with different medicines and for some it works and some it doesn't. Fortunately I was able to control my hairfall after figuring out my reason for hairfall.

In general you will read on the internet that it's normal to have 100-150 strands loss as normal but I don't think so. I used to have around 40-50 hair loss everyday and I could notice a lot of density reduction on my head in 6months. The key for the treatment is to pin point your hair loss reason. I have mentioned in detail on what I did on my blog: http://hairfallstory.com/ (don't worry I am not going to ask you buy something or will recommend something. It's just my experience). Feel free to drop me an email for any clarifications

Hey i too used to wrinkle my forehead to lower my hairline .
    But don't do it , after a while lines and permanent wrinkles will form at forehead .