Clear All
  • Mike03
    • May 2016

there are also clinics online to get it easier

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

I use and recommend Dr Steve Edgar in the UK. He's an informed GP.
      He has also dropped his prices on 5mg Proscar, 5mg Generic and he now offer 1mg generic finasteride too.

Email DrStevengedgar@gmail.com

Hope this helps!
      Regards
      Spex
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• D91813
        • May 2016

Hi Spex, any idea why Proscar is really cheap £17 for 28 but through Dr Steven Edgar you pay £200 for 84? That's an expensive premium?

Comment

• TinTin
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by D91813
          Hi Spex, any idea why Proscar is really cheap £17 for 28 but through Dr Steven Edgar you pay £200 for 84? That's an expensive premium?
          Using a position of power and the desperation of a balding man to gain huge profits. Don't forget that Spex himself will get a cut of the profits and/or free finasteride.

I had assumed all this pill chopping and Doctor g-mailing malarky was a thing of the past since the Merck Propecia UK Patent expired in October 2014. I get a 'private prescription' off of my NHS GP for 1mg Finasteride x 84 tablets.

84 x 1mg generic Finasteride tablets cost me £33 from a fully licensed UK high-street pharmacy, multiply that figure by four (assuming you are cutting the Proscar into quarters) and I pay £132 for the exact same number of daily doses as someone pays £200 for from Dr Edgar, and I don't ever have to chop a damn pill either

Comment

• Spex
            Dr Representative
            • Nov 2008

You are paying for the 'private' prescription and not so much the medication. It is a prescription medication - Dr Edgar provides phone support and helps answer any questions too so the service costs based on his time.
            You can always speak to your own GP to see if they are happy to provide you a prescription. However you will find few GP's are informed on the medication.

Best
            Spex
            Last edited by Spex; 05-24-2016, 06:31 AM.
            Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• billybong
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Spex
              You are paying for the 'private' prescription and not so much the medication.
              If you were given the actual prescription, rather than the GP himself obtaining the medicine then selling it to you, you would see the price of it when you bought it yourself from a chemist.

With a real private prescription paper in your hand, you're paying the exact cost of the actual medicine in the free market (such as it is, messed up by the NHS £8 presciption fee, which creates a completely non transparent public/private partnership monopoly sometimes for big pharma). Obviously, patented meds can cost a lot, especially when they are cosmetic, like propecia (was £50 for 28x1mg in the uk on private prescription).

Still makes me angry how government can be used by big pharma to fork finasteride off into two seperate licensed brands prop and proscar, with seperate licenses for use. You literally pay 5 times as much for 5 times less mg's, simply because MPB is 'cosmetic'. All while some mixed up teenager gets a sex change for free

Comment

• LouisK
                • Feb 2019

I didn't have time for unnecessary trips to the doc. So I got it online.

Comment

Working...