Moving on after years on fin. What next?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • location1
    • Jul 2015

Moving on after years on fin. What next?

I started on finasteride in 2008. After one year on it, my hair was so thick, the result was just great. I experienced tremendous regrowth, except in the temples of course. I was about a NW2.5 and remained that way except the hair was so thick.

I put up with the side effects (facial bloating, midsection bloating, very poor sleep, anxiety) for several years because the result was so good, and I also took dutasteride along the way, but in 2014 I stopped, I couldn't take it.

My hair of course went back to thinning. I'm looking for something other than finasteride to help maintain until a new drug comes out. If I can get regrowth again of course that would be amazing.

What are the options currently? Is there any treatment that doesn't block DHT and has a different mechanism of action?

Thanks.
  • Vic
    • Apr 2014

Here's an option I'm about to start.

Based on our discussion in Tocotrienols thread - I'm opening a new thread about this experiment: http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2009/09/capsaicin-and-soy-isoflavones-grow-hair.html I think it's a very interesting topic and results are quite good. Conclusion A combination of soy isoflavones and capsaicin

Comment

• location1
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Vic
      Here's an option I'm about to start.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...te-Hair-Growth
      Interesting, though I don't want to lower DHT.

is seti available? and how does CB work?

Comment

• Vic
        • Apr 2014

I thought that might have been a typo. Why don't you want to lower DHT levels?

Comment

• location1
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Vic
          I thought that might have been a typo. Why don't you want to lower DHT levels?
          I am under the impression that I would get side effects similar to finasteride from the low DHT. Isn't that right?

Comment

• Vic
            • Apr 2014

The combo in that study actually raises testosterone levels while lowering DHT.
            Here's an article on the increase test
            A teaspoon of dried chili pepper has enough capsaicin to increase IGF-1. (Photo by Giuliagas ) This is the third post in a series about the ...

Comment

• location1
              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Vic
              The combo in that study actually raises testosterone levels while lowering DHT.
              Here's an article on the increase test
              http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.co...-hair.html?m=1
              So the problem still remains, no? Finasteride also raises T and lowers DHT. I believe it's the low DHT that causes the side effects I mentioned. DHT appears to be an important hormone after all.

Comment

• Vic
                • Apr 2014

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Thought fin lowered Tess too

Comment

• WanderingOracle
                  • Apr 2015

You ever try backing off to 1/4 mg of Fin and taking it every other day?

That's what I do, with zero sides. Some studies show it's still about %85 as effective at lowering DHT when taking at that 1/8 dose.

Comment

• location1
                    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by WanderingOracle
                    You ever try backing off to 1/4 mg of Fin and taking it every other day?

That's what I do, with zero sides. Some studies show it's still about %85 as effective at lowering DHT when taking at that 1/8 dose.
                    But if I understand correctly, it's the lowering of DHT that causes sides. You need to lower it to not lose hair, and lowering it causes sides. And to answer your question, yes I tried tiny doses of .5 and .25 and felt the side effects. The side effect I hate most is the 'moonface' effect, and I notice it at any dose.

Comment

• location1
                      • Jul 2015

Does anyone know the side effects of:

- RU
                      - CB
                      - seti

Any other treatments I'm missing?

Comment

• WanderingOracle
                        • Apr 2015

Spiro is probably the most effective one... but it will turn you into a woman.

Comment

Working...