+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingOracle View Post
    Over the last 60 years, when controlled for age, there has been NO increase in the rate of cancer among the population as a whole.

This shocking study leads to absolutely horrifying conclusions. When someone wonders if Rogaine or Propecia or Stinging Nettle, or Hair Tattoos cause cancer, the almost certain answer is "No, it doesn't. At all". Only age, sun exposure, obesity, and smoking seem to have any impact.

What is so terrible about this study, is it almost denies fear and feeling like you can control your risk of cancer by avoiding random things. It denies you the ability to blame sicknesses on specific things. Now I can't eat 14 bananas one week, be diagnosed with prostate cancer the following week, and blame bananas, wtf?

I'm angry right now. I want to blame things, and it seems as though cancer is mostly just a product of random DNA misfire, and I had literally no control over it, based on any of my actions.

Now what am I supposed to do? Start eating GMOs, drink city water, and start vaccinating my children? Start getting tattoos, freely use electricity, and take propecia, and just have the exact same risk of cancer as someone avoiding all of those things? Totally unacceptable!
    Simply because there has been no increase in cancer rates for the past 60 years, it doesn't necessarily follow that Rogaine, Propecia, Stinging Nettle, or Hair Tattoos do not cause cancer.

Because the cancer rate could have remained the same even if Rogaine, Propecia, Stinging Nettle, or Hair Tattoos do cause cancer.

If, for example, the cancer rate among those who didn't take Rogaine, Propecia, Stinging Nettle, or get Hair Tattoos fell at the same time that the cancer rate among those who received those treatments rose.

And so the effect of the rise and fall of the two groups combined could cancel each other out, resulting in no cancer increase in the population as a whole.