Does an FUE Hair Transplant Get The Same Yield As a Strip Procedure?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Epstein, MD
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

Having done over 400 FUE procedures over the past 3 years (compared to over 3 times this many by FUG), it is my finding that, despite our consistently best work, the yield of FUE is simply lower than that of strip/FUG. So while some patients have comparable results, there seems to be the occasional patient who, for reasons unknown, have moderately lower percentages of growth with FUE procedures.
    In your case, there are several approaches that my patients feel work for them. One is to concentrate the 1600 to 2000 or so FUE grafts into a strong frontal forelock. An alternative, one that yields a nice cosmetic improvement, is to spread the grafts out over the front two-thirds to near entire top of the head, giving a great look when the head is shaved or cut short.
    You have options.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
    Miami and NYC
    Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD
    Foundation For Hair Restoration

Comment

• Mr. 4000
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by SLOTHY

this is me with my head shaved yesterday
      You won't feel the same for a minimum 3-5 months, and in some cases up to a year before you feel back to normal with the new growth.

being seen in public will be difficult, it is very hard to hide a transplant in the early stages, go look at blogs here and else where, email people who been through it. They will assist you.

I am over a year out and still trying to get back to normal, it is not as easy as you think. I still have many residual problems.

Comment

Working...