+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Quitting Minox after 10 days

Hi everyone, I started using Regaine foam about 10 days ago, for my hairline. I am 20 years old and have been using Finasteride for about a year. I started Fin because I noticed my hairline was receding slightly and wanted it to stop, and keep what I had. I have no loss in my vertex, and since then I have pretty much kept what I had.

Now about two weeks ago I became paranoid about some further small losses in my hairline and decided to start Minox, but I feel this was a mistake as it probably won't work for me (having only a subtle hairline recession, no crown) and also because of side effects (I already have some noticeable forehead wrinkles and don't want them to get deeper).

What I want to know is, should I stop using Minox altogether or should I drop it gradually, and if I do either of those, will I experience shedding? I really wouldn't like ending up with less hair than I had when I started using it. Thanks!

get over your Vanity im a norwood 2.5 its hard to completely stop a receeded hairline with just "finasteride"...consider adding RU to your hairline instead and stop minoxidill..10 Days is nothing you can stop it right away its better that way

I highly doubt 10 days will hurt you. Personally I'd quit minoxidil. I use to use it twice a day for 2 years then dropped to once a day and noticed no change.

Tretinoin cream is good for your face. I use it 2-4 times a week in the morning. Usually wash my face 7 hours during a bathroom break. Use a face scrub in the shower 3-4 times a week. Doing this might help with wrinkles.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    get over your Vanity im a norwood 2.5 its hard to completely stop a receeded hairline with just "finasteride"...consider adding RU to your hairline instead and stop minoxidill..10 Days is nothing you can stop it right away its better that way
    Thanks for the reply but I wouldn't take an experimental medicine I can't get from a reliable pharmacy. Where do you get it from? And from what I've read, finasteride can stop further hair loss except for a "naturally mature" hairline, if so then I'm happy just to continue with fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I highly doubt 10 days will hurt you. Personally I'd quit minoxidil. I use to use it twice a day for 2 years then dropped to once a day and noticed no change.

Tretinoin cream is good for your face. I use it 2-4 times a week in the morning. Usually wash my face 7 hours during a bathroom break. Use a face scrub in the shower 3-4 times a week. Doing this might help with wrinkles.
    Thanks for your reply - I use Epiduo which has half retinoid half benzoil peroxide for acne and it's working pretty well for me, not sure if it's advisable to take two different retinoids. Do you only use it for wrinkles or acne as well?

minoixdill dont cause wrinkles thats a ridiculous statement I use 7-8ml of it everyday for months...people obsess too much with things when they start a treatment but in reality the wrinkles were already on their damn face they just didnt pay attention to it...I buy my RU from "anagen inc" or you can buy from "thekaneshop" do as you wish but I would just continue supressing 70% of the male sex hormone "DHT" thats a smart move!

Yes it does, a reduction in collagen is inherent with the way Minoxidil works - read about it. And you may not like "suppressing 70% of the male sex hormone", but millions of men do it and it's proven to be very effective in stopping or slowing down hair loss. Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

ya I have read some silly stories but I trust the doctors more than speculations... they say it caused lower collagen in "mice" but not on humans you would need a much much bigger dose to really see an impact on your skin...I still look the same months after and I overdose on this shit Daily! I already look Young for my age so its good that minox makes me look older so now I can finally buy that alcohol without showing ID even though im 27 years old

I use tretinoin .05% for minor acne and to keep my face healthy. .5mm dermaroller is good as well but I barely use that.

I'm not 100% sold min causes wrinkles. I use this on my beard area and it has helped nicely that I can have a short stubble. I'm not a fan of any drug but I'm not going bald without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I use tretinoin .05% for minor acne and to keep my face healthy. .5mm dermaroller is good as well but I barely use that.

I'm not 100% sold min causes wrinkles. I use this on my beard area and it has helped nicely that I can have a short stubble. I'm not a fan of any drug but I'm not going bald without a fight.
    Do you use min on your hairline or only stubble? Having taken fin for a year and not having noticeable losses is good enough for me tbh, not sure if minox will be any help at all.