+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Initially I believe the best way is dr Lauster's method: which is growing hair in the lab and then implanting it into the scalp. This solves the problem of direction, color, etc.

Right now its not much of anything since on one can use it nor knows if it works. Lowering androgens is certainly not snake oil. Prevention of MPB is still down to androgens even today and might be for some time to come. The solution to baldness is many many years away and much more expensive than prevention like any other disease. Better ways to stop androgens are always good. Once MPB starts going though I dont know if removing androgens acts the same way as doing it earlier on. Once MPB starts other things start to happen which arent always reversible.

let us not under-estimate delivery method. even cb, in its initial trial had amazing results because they were delivering it to the patients through iontophoresis. the problem is that this delivery method is not convenient for commercial.

if delivery method is improved, then even on market medicines would see a significanf increase in effectiveness. couple that with the medicines in the pipeline, such as CB, SM, we could be looking at serious reversal.

It is no joke. Current delivery through lotion vehicles is a huge limitation on treatmet efficienct.

I am also curious why you guys see Pilox as a scam or useless? It is patented, which is not a proof of success but is slightly more indicative it is not a scam than if it wasn't patented.

Plus, the tech is something that seems plausible. We know electricity was very important in the delivery and success of CB. And similarly to micro-wounding or high-powered lasers, electric charges by themselves could be beneficial. Couple that with a few beneficial chemicals and you could have important results.

But, more important than anything else!

They have the most legitimate and impressive before-after photos that I have basically ever seen. Shouldn't that in itself speak volumes? These pics really do not look doctored. Impressive before-after photos is what everyone lacks, including PRP clinics. And you'd be hard-pressed to provide photos as good as these even for Minox+Fin treatments.

Before / After:

After / Before:

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    Does anyone speak hebrew/arabic who can email these guys? Maybe see if we can get a proper English translation on what it actually is?
    Guys they all speak English . I'm in the middle of the dessert .limited access

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    let us not under-estimate delivery method. even cb, in its initial trial had amazing results because they were delivering it to the patients through iontophoresis. the problem is that this delivery method is not convenient for commercial.

if delivery method is improved, then even on market medicines would see a significanf increase in effectiveness. couple that with the medicines in the pipeline, such as CB, SM, we could be looking at serious reversal.

It is no joke. Current delivery through lotion vehicles is a huge limitation on treatmet efficienct.
    Yes you're totally right.
    And their 3D printed comb could be a crucial progress. If they can directly deliver an anti dht, it will be possible to deliver a drug like SM,etc directly to our follicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    This is snake oil. The solution to pattern baldness will come from one of the following sources:

1. Dr christiano & dr jahoda
    2. Ips cells ( combination of dr. Xu & dr. Terskikh research or dr. Tsuji or other Japanese research teams involved with ips cells)
    3. dr george cotsarelis wounding method along with topical drug combo
    4. US gov't & wake forest collaboration.
    5. Replicel
    6. Shiesheido
    7. Dr. Lauster's team
    Agreed !!

Yes Renee you're right, the neogenesis game is the real cure. But it will take more time so we need something before to wait.
    And for exemple if a drug like SM work,or a japan stem cell therapy,etc..if one of those things work, in combination with a good HT it will give amazing results. Even Nwd 5/6 could go for an agressive HT ( even more with piloscopy in future)

But of course I hope neogenesis will come faster, and as you know I think Us army and Wake forest have the keys. We'll see with the trial

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post

But of course I hope neogenesis will come faster, and as you know I think Us army and Wake forest have the keys. We'll see with the trial
    Are you certain there's a US army/Wake Forest collaboration? Winston-Salem (Wake Forest) is a site for the SM04554 trial - so I think it's highly likely that the topical being investigated in this trial (http://www.wakehealth.edu/BeInvolved...70&title=Study) is SM04554 - and not a topical developed by the US Army.

Damn for sure xyz you're right , it's SM trial in Wake forest

the us army patent comes from The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine. I saw on their website, they also doing clinical trials, we should try to contact them to know if they are working on something related to the 2014 patent of their researchers

"HJF has extensive experience managing clinical trials in the military medical community, including Phase I–IV, single- and multi-site trials. Since our inception in 1983, we have supported more than 500 trials at most military medical centers and facilities

"HJF's technology transfer staff facilitates collaboration between scientists and private industry on research and development projects, with the goal of making innovative medical technologies available for clinical use.

The HJF technology transfer office protects and commercializes novel innovations developed by Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USU) and HJF researchers by evaluating new disclosures of intellectual property, negotiating research agreements, filing patent applications, registering trademarks and copyrights, determining a viable commercialization plan, and marketing and licensing intellectual property.

The Joint (USU & HJF) Office of Technology Transfer was created to advance inventions by HJF and USU researchers from the bench to the bedside"

Well at least the patent seems to be in good hands in this military institution that can develop a viable solution with it.

Anyone with a fluent English? who could phone them just to ask if they work on a hair loss treatment? with clinical trial?
    and even talk about the patent if they accept to talk a little.

It would be cool to know , the patent was in 2014, I'm sure they are/will trying the methods and compositions to see if it's working