+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I was about your age when I also started to notice a lot of hair falling out - but i didn't do anything about it (was a bit afraid of taking propecia).
    Now at 36 I wish I'd taken propecia/finestaride because I believe it would save me lot's of hair.

So my advice would be to start on a low dosage of propecia (maybe 0.25 mg per day) to see how it works for you. If you're lucky, you'll keep lots of hair in your 30ties and 40ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpbman View Post
    I was about your age when I also started to notice a lot of hair falling out - but i didn't do anything about it (was a bit afraid of taking propecia).
    Now at 36 I wish I'd taken propecia/finestaride because I believe it would save me lot's of hair.

So my advice would be to start on a low dosage of propecia (maybe 0.25 mg per day) to see how it works for you. If you're lucky, you'll keep lots of hair in your 30ties and 40ties.
    I will first consult with dermatologist before taking any drugs for sure , I hate to take drugs ,I dont like to take even aspirin so its gonna be hard to convince myself to take something before I am not sure I have to.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Exactly Djodjo'! You certainly ARE not sure you have to at this point.
    You are using good commonsense my friend!

As I suggested before,
    start taking that multi-vitamin Biotin. Even if you are not going to experience serious hairloss,
    Biotin WILL IMPROVE your hair anyways!
    Later if commonsense tells you that there is a true percentage of hairloss occurring ,then begin using Minoxidil too.

I was at a NW-5 2 years ago (you are NO-WHERE NEAR that loss)
    I began Finasteride, 1mg per day. Later I also began taking Biotin too.
    My hairloss is experiencing GOOD improvements due to Fin'. Biotin too.
    I dont think you really NEED Finasteride at this point in time.
    You might never need it-but who knows.

Time will tell....for today, improve your scalp with Biotin (a proven multi)
    and LATER if you feel you need it, get Minoxidil too.
    You always must be PATIENT as well buddy.
    No stress will result when you stay positive and patient.

Doctor Representative

Artista is spot on - sometimes hair loss begins INSIDE of our heads before it actually occurs. Which is why I always advise a wait and see first, then meds, then the big plunge. A lot of us here are envious of your hair so enjoy it!
    I am the Global Online Representative for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Thank you Voxman! Your advice is also very good for Djodjo' !
    I have a feeling that Djodjo' will not suffer major hairloss... of course no one can really know for sure.
    Most of all men in life experience a MATURING of their hairlines...a percentage of men do NOT suffer major hairloss.

Hi guys,

I am 33 and now my balding is going faster and going from the temples to the crown. I am really unconfortable and depressed. I always had blond hair and medium long, so now I am losing confidence in my look. It is bad both professional and private life.

I know it's "just hair" and that I am healthy and I should focus on living my life, but I am really really depressed. I am unsure to try fina as I am scared of the side effects because I also want to have a family one day. I don't want to lose my libido and my fertility.

I believe I can't do anything about it and I am really depressed. I am not going out anymore and I am avoiding people. This is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aik82 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am 33 and now my balding is going faster and going from the temples to the crown. I am really unconfortable and depressed. I always had blond hair and medium long, so now I am losing confidence in my look. It is bad both professional and private life.

I know it's "just hair" and that I am healthy and I should focus on living my life, but I am really really depressed. I am unsure to try fina as I am scared of the side effects because I also want to have a family one day. I don't want to lose my libido and my fertility.

I believe I can't do anything about it and I am really depressed. I am not going out anymore and I am avoiding people. This is so sad.
    Take finasteride. I've been on it for a month now with no side effects. I was so scared about it that I put it off for a good two years. Had I have just started then I could now have a just about passable amount of hair. Instead, even with a best case scenario where I make a big recovery from finasteride and minoxidil, I'm still going to be thin with heavily receded temples.

Just take the finasteride, and don't worry yourself about it. No offense to those minority of people who are suffering as a result of this medication, but I'm convinced a lot of people are getting side effects simply because they're freaking themselves out psychologically.

Aik82~ HELLO!

First of all Aik82, you must step-back as much as possible from your worries and depression over the possibility of more hairloss.
    Being that you are 33 years old now,
    you MUST BE accepting of what your hair is looking like today.
    There are things that you can do to IMPROVE your hair but first you must stop being so emotional and depressed about this.
    As I have said to many others here, STRESS WILL cause more hairloss than normal.
    It happened to ME..!!
    So you must step-back a bit and become objective in the way that you should accept
    what is going on FOR 'TODAY'.
    When you are older, like me, you will look back on this and wish that you had not become so depressed and saddened by this.
    You must stay POSITIVE regardless of how much of your hair has diminished.
    It would be good for you to post us photos of your hairline, front and back.
    (no need to show your face of course)
    You would look at your own photos with emotions.
    We will not...
    There are quite a few of us members that are here to HELP.
    You have said-
    "It is bad both professional and private life"
    It can be if you do not stay positive and try the different avenues to improve your hair.
    There are different options for you to use.
    Now Hubris had recommended using Finasteride and he is going based on your words Aik82.
    That is NOT a bad recommendation by Hubris but-
    before I can see recent photos of your hairline I would not recommend just yet.
    It certainly IS working for me and many others but, maybe you dont need it.
    Maybe you do....No one knows yet.
    My doctor prescribed Fin' to me and just over 100 of his other patients years before me.
    NONE have had bad sides from it.

Back to you ,, there are other options available as well to improve your hair.
    I hope to hear back from you Aik82 and that you share your photos.

Hi Djodjo123, how are you doing today?!?

Im glad that you are becoming more positive my friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Aik82~ HELLO!

First of all Aik82, you must step-back as much as possible from your worries and depression over the possibility of more hairloss.
    Being that you are 33 years old now,
    you MUST BE accepting of what your hair is looking like today.
    There are things that you can do to IMPROVE your hair but first you must stop being so emotional and depressed about this.
    As I have said to many others here, STRESS WILL cause more hairloss than normal.
    It happened to ME..!!
    So you must step-back a bit and become objective in the way that you should accept
    what is going on FOR 'TODAY'.
    When you are older, like me, you will look back on this and wish that you had not become so depressed and saddened by this.
    You must stay POSITIVE regardless of how much of your hair has diminished.
    It would be good for you to post us photos of your hairline, front and back.
    (no need to show your face of course)
    You would look at your own photos with emotions.
    We will not...
    There are quite a few of us members that are here to HELP.
    You have said-
    "It is bad both professional and private life"
    It can be if you do not stay positive and try the different avenues to improve your hair.
    There are different options for you to use.
    Now Hubris had recommended using Finasteride and he is going based on your words Aik82.
    That is NOT a bad recommendation by Hubris but-
    before I can see recent photos of your hairline I would not recommend just yet.
    It certainly IS working for me and many others but, maybe you dont need it.
    Maybe you do....No one knows yet.
    My doctor prescribed Fin' to me and just over 100 of his other patients years before me.
    NONE have had bad sides from it.

Back to you ,, there are other options available as well to improve your hair.
    I hope to hear back from you Aik82 and that you share your photos.

Hi Djodjo123, how are you doing today?!?

Im glad that you are becoming more positive my friend!!
    Thank you so much for your encouragement and your words to both of you. I am having really a bad time.

It is really good to hear that you are not experiencing any sides. My biggest fear is compromising my fertility.

I read here that Desmond, and I have great consideration of him, suggested taking 0,25mg twice a week to avoid any sides. I think I am going to try that and increase if it won't work. How long does it take to show any results?

I am trying to upload the pictures..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5251.jpg

Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	42059

This is my situation. And I used to have hair like my profile pic.

It is really tough and sad. Losing all my confidence. I hope they will come up with a solution soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	42060