+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Give me a call, anytime (908) 377-6773 Allan

Hi, I am also thinking of using Dr Sparano and wanted to know if you were happy w the end results. I’d love to chat w you

Scottysax73 Happy to chat with you. I'm currently working overseas right now and we could communicate over Skype or Discord or if you could wait until mid November when I get back. But just to update this thread, it has now been about 4 1/2 years and started to notice thinning again about 2 years ago. Not sure if this caused by loss of the transplanted follicles or just natural continued thinning of my original hair. I had been meticulously using Minoxidil daily without fail, but did wean off of the propecia after the procedure due to its side effects and when I still saw I was thinning after two years. While not as bad prior to the Atras, my current state has become somewhat noticeable as my scalp can be seen forward of my crown looking from the top. After the initial 12 months after my hair grew back, all you could see was a little thinning at the crown. Not sure if I will go back for another round just yet. I don't regret getting this done as it did turn the clock back significantly but time will always take its toll lol. Good luck.

Well no that’s not supposed to happen; those hairs are permanent. My father had a hair transplant 20 years ago and has lost nothing.

I hope someone chimes in on this. My dads not on propecia or minoxidil or anything and his transplant stayed; that’s the whole point. So I guess maybe it’s a question of if your hair is thinning or you’re losing it? And have you checked your thyroid?

Gearbox, crowns are very difficult to finish even with very large procedures. Your procedure was not massive with a limited number of follicles. Grafts do thin over time. No hair on the head is totally permanent. Minoxidil is a crutch but a small one for hair loss. In looking at your photos, it is clear that you did get growth. However, in your after photos, you are using hair from the peripheral to help conceal your hair loss. More than likely this peripheral hair is what is thinning the most at this point in time. I would get on a more aggressive form of maintenance for you hair loss to begin with. I know you stated that you plan a single procedure, but hair loss is progressive over time. You will most likely need a second pass in time, but don't make the mistake most make of not protecting what you have up on top. You have to do something. Consider that in the next 15 to 20 years, your entire hair loss is going to be much worse. There are more aggressive procedures that can move two to three times the number of follicles if not more than your Artas procedure, but there is no procedure that can totally restore a full loss of hair on top. Thus, you must do something to help keep your follicles young. This is essential.

All transplants thin over time. It's natural aging. They don't usually age this fast, however, unless taken from areas prone to loss sooner, which means grafts were taken from outside the safe donor area. This is most common in the mid-occipital area. I doubt this is the case in this scenario. I suspect loss of peripheral hair. Grafts should thin later on. One should treat grafts and pre-existing hair to ensure the longest possible longevity of each hair follicle. Today, we use very aggressive measures to help follicles stay as long as possible and rejuvenate them. These options were not available 5 years ago and include fat stem cells and exosomes.

Thanks for posting. I’d love to see his hair as is now.

Yes, that would be interesting to see him now.