+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Got out of the shower today and had a panic attack - please help (more pics soon)

Hey guys. I'm 18 and have been worried about my hair for just over a year now. I started taking pictures of my hairline this past January and have been taking them every month, but my hair loss didn't seem to progress too too far. My hairline hasn't really receded, its just that I've noticed some diffuse thinning in my temples and a little bit along/just behind my hairline.

I went to two dermatologists who both told me I have seborrheic dermatitis, although neither one spent that much time with me or looked at my photos. The first dermatologist was about a month ago, and I started using mometasom furoate, a corticosteroid. I also started using this product that says it has "biochanin a" which helps reduce inflammation. They didn't seem to be helping so I decided to make another appointment.

I will admit that it seemed my hair was thickening up a bit the days before my second appointment, but that doctor decided to give me a new corticosteroid saying it would work better. I believed him and the last three days I've been taking it. What I've noticed is the last two days is I've been having MASSIVE sheds in the shower. Like 50-60 hairs coming out. I don't know if I had an adverse reaction to the new corticosteroid, or what, but I really started to freak out and today, I took some photos and basically had a panic attack.

Full disclosure: Some of these pictures were taken with my hair wet, under a bright light in a room with white walls, and after I had just put in a leave-in conditioner, so my hair was rather clumped together. I included some other pictures which really only added to my panic attack.

Clearly my temples, especially my left temple, are thinning dramatically. In face it looks like there is a chunk taken out of my left temple when pictured from above. My crown also has the beginnings of a bald spot(yay!!!) that I was not even aware of before.

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/zcNYl

One last thing: I started puberty rather late, and have been moving pretty slowly through it as well, and I really don't want to jeopardize my development. I want to wait a year or two to start taking Fin if possible, but if it isn't possible, I'd be willing to start on low doses. I'd prefer something topical, like an anti-androgen such as spiro, RU, or CB or something like OC which apparently a lot of people like and has very few sides.
    I'm not as much afraid of the sides as I am afraid of ruining my development. I still have very narrow shoulders and am not very muscular(5.9, 135 :/) and I would rather not be stuck with that build. My doctor also doesn't want me messing with my hormones if possible.

So what should I do? I'm thinking about starting on minoxidil and maybe using spiro or some other topical anti-androgen since hopefully that will stave off the balding process, hopefully for a couple years until I can start taking fin or dut or something better comes out.

Thank you.