+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default hemophilia cure through iPSC and CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing

not hair-related (not yet) but for those who are interested in iPS cell and gene editing: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0723125501.htm

that's a huge breakthrough in my opinion. iPS and gene editing technology will lead to one cure after another in the coming years.
    and yes, it was done in mice for now, but those two new biological technologies are said to work in all organisms, as they alter the very basic cells and especially the genetic code of cells. and we all know that the genetic code is the answer and cure to every disease.
    one day it will be possible to modify the bad genes responsible for hair loss as well. of course, too late for us, but the day will definitely come, probably sooner than everyone would expect. i think we will see many many breakthroughs and even full cures for many diseases in the next 5 to 10 years. however, wide adoption and commercialization is probably 15 to 20 years away, mainly because of laws and bureaucrazy.

that kind of biological breakthroughs are impressing, which makes it even more unbelievable that we still don't have better hair solutions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    not hair-related (not yet) but for those who are interested in iPS cell and gene editing: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0723125501.htm

that's a huge breakthrough in my opinion. iPS and gene editing technology will lead to one cure after another in the coming years.
    and yes, it was done in mice for now, but those two new biological technologies are said to work in all organisms, as they alter the very basic cells and especially the genetic code of cells. and we all know that the genetic code is the answer and cure to every disease.
    one day it will be possible to modify the bad genes responsible for hair loss as well. of course, too late for us, but the day will definitely come, probably sooner than everyone would expect. i think we will see many many breakthroughs and even full cures for many diseases in the next 5 to 10 years. however, wide adoption and commercialization is probably 15 to 20 years away, mainly because of laws and bureaucrazy.

that kind of biological breakthroughs are impressing, which makes it even more unbelievable that we still don't have better hair solutions yet.
    Mice?

Why not take a bunch of death row inmates and experiment on them. For once they'd contribute to society.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post

That's good. It will also help people with alopecia universalis, I think.
    I can't wait 20 years though none of us can.

Ips cells were injected into a 70 year old persons eye in japan in 2014. I think it's time to inject it in a bald scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Ips cells were injected into a 70 year old persons eye in japan in 2014. I think it's time to inject it in a bald scalp.
    Really? So these therapies are already allowed? How well did it work? Do you have the link for this? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luiza View Post
    Really? So these therapies are already allowed? How well did it work? Do you have the link for this? Thanks
    Most of the stem cells therapies are tested on mice, but when they are tested on humans they give poor results. We still dont know a lot of things about them and count that every therapy must spend a lot of years in clinical research and trials, so probably we are 50 years away from succesfull stem cell therapies in reality.

Read this article

http://www.medicaldaily.com/stem-cel...ding-so-344380

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Most of the stem cells therapies are tested on mice, but when they are tested on humans they give poor results. We still dont know a lot of things about them and count that every therapy must spend a lot of years in clinical research and trials, so probably we are 50 years away from succesfull stem cell therapies in reality.

Read this article

http://www.medicaldaily.com/stem-cel...ding-so-344380
    I just read it and it doesn't say anything about being 50 years away from that. It actually sounds really optimistic. Why do you think that? Medicine is getting more and more advanced quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Why not take a bunch of death row inmates and experiment on them. For once they'd contribute to society.
    Why don't you move to North Korea and valiantly volunteer yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by luiza View Post
    I just read it and it doesn't say anything about being 50 years away from that. It actually sounds really optimistic. Why do you think that? Medicine is getting more and more advanced quickly.
    First of all, all scientist sound very optimistic, but on mice and of course “ 5 years cure“.

People must die from something, so there gonna be NO cure for every disease. And if its gonna be cure for most diseases they will be subject on political and ethical debate, because earth is over populated. Long life means a lot more people on earth.

MPB is not life treating disease, so people here should stop crying like babies, because Hollywood makes them feel bad. I should take them in cancer or cardiovaskular hospital to see what are real problems in life when you have 35 years and can’t move from the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    First of all, all scientist sound very optimistic, but on mice and of course “ 5 years cure“.

People must die from something, so there gonna be NO cure for every disease. And if its gonna be cure for most diseases they will be subject on political and ethical debate, because earth is over populated. Long life means a lot more people on earth.

MPB is not life treating disease, so people here should stop crying like babies, because Hollywood makes them feel bad. I should take them in cancer or cardiovaskular hospital to see what are real problems in life when you have 35 years and can’t move from the bed.
    Well, I don't know what you are doing in this part of the forum then. If you don't think hair loss deserves any attention, why are you in this website, by the way?? There will always be someone in a worse condition than ours, but it doesn't mean we don't have the right to be sad for this.
    My friend had cancer and her first reaction when she found out was "omg, what about my hair?" Haha she said it was the worst part.