+ Reply to Thread

Default seborrheic dermatitis

Hey guys,

Neep some opinions. Kick started hair loss earlier this year through steroids, the shedding hasn't really stopped despite stopping the roids as soon as I saw hair loss about 5 months ago.
    Anyway, my question, the hormone changes appear to have caused me some seborrheic dermatitis, my scalp is painful, I'd been attributing that to MPB itch/burn but the flakes coming off are crazy. A co worker jokingly ruffled my hair earlier and my God the amount of dandruff is crazy.

I've been using regenepure for over a month now and it's no better. I can't seem to shake the flake no matter what I do. Used head & shoulders and tricomin on my off days from regenepure. I really think if I can clear my Seb derm my shedding would improve greatly.
    Any advice from some cool cats out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    Hey guys,

Neep some opinions. Kick started hair loss earlier this year through steroids, the shedding hasn't really stopped despite stopping the roids as soon as I saw hair loss about 5 months ago.
    Anyway, my question, the hormone changes appear to have caused me some seborrheic dermatitis, my scalp is painful, I'd been attributing that to MPB itch/burn but the flakes coming off are crazy. A co worker jokingly ruffled my hair earlier and my God the amount of dandruff is crazy.

I've been using regenepure for over a month now and it's no better. I can't seem to shake the flake no matter what I do. Used head & shoulders and tricomin on my off days from regenepure. I really think if I can clear my Seb derm my shedding would improve greatly.
    Any advice from some cool cats out there?

Hey, sounds like you have a v dry scalp with build up of scalp matter (the dandruff). I had v similar and went crazy on medicated shampoos etc- eventually went to see a dermatology consultant and she informed that s'poos were just drying out the scalp more and more, and instead what i needed to do was put cocois lotion onto scalp and leave overnight. I was a bit skeptical but it worked an absolute treat. it lifts all the matter off plus moistures the scalp via coconut oil

strongly recommend giving it a shot

My scalp still gets sore from alcohol vehicle I use in OC and CB etc, but when it does i just put on Coconut and Emu oil. Is great

Give it a go... do feedback as be interested to hear if it works

Thanks