Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sydney23
    • May 2015

Too few grafts? 1,100 grafts front hair line. Before & after

Hi, this is my first post and am freaking out a little. Maybe buyers remorse or maybe just feeling I have had too few implants to get desired results and am worried it's going to look terrible when it grows out.

So I had a FUE procedure about 3 weeks ago to strengthen my hairline. I've been on Fin & Minox for about a year and a half now and had good results in thickening what I had but wanted my front filled in.

I had 1100 grafts in the front but now feel I was short at least 500 extra grafts and am worried my hairline is going to look weak and obvious I've had a procedure.

Would like to get some experienced views on it to put my mind at rest. I am already thinking I'm going to have to go back to get more once this has grown out as it's going to look wirey at best.
    Attached Files
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

Who was your doctor? Personally, it looks like the orientation of the hairs was done very well. I think your hair line will look diffuse thin as the grafts seem spaced a bit too far apart.

Comment

• Sydney23
      • May 2015

Thanks James. I have no issue with the work done, in fact I actually think it was well handled. My issue is with the fact there were too few grafts placed and as you say will look thin when grown out.

By the sounds of it you think the same

Comment

• CaliD
        • Apr 2015

I'm no professional but I've seen a ton of hairlines and I agree with jamesst11 that the direction of the implants looks spot on so it seems like the work that was done was done well. To me the grafts seem like they're spaced too far apart. Another 600-900 grafts would give you a dense hairline but at this point you gotta wait and see what happens in the next 10-12 months. Nothing to freak out about. Worst case scenario you can get more grafts.

Comment

• jamesst11
          • Jun 2014

If I had this done and was unhappy with the spacing then personally, I would wait 6 months, go back to the doctor and ask them why the f*ck they did this and tell that you want an additional session free of charge to thicken the hair line.

Comment

• jamesst11
            • Jun 2014

If the results come out poorly, I personally believe it should be done at no charge for a few reasons. First off, I really can't see how that's 1100 grafts, unless a few of them have fallen off. Secondly, did they not go over your expectations with you? Did they tell you the amount of hair per area? Did they even tell you that, given the area you are trying to fill and based on the number of grafts, that the final result will look diffuse thin? Who would want to go into an HT knowing the end result would be a really diffused HAIR LINE? I SERIOUSLY DOUBT your initial expectations would be grafts spaced far apart, and they should have definitely told you about this. Once again, I am NOT a professional and should probably shut up. Wait 6-8 months. If it is really diffused thin, AND they did NOT properly explain this to you, they should fix it free.

Comment

• Sydney23
              • May 2015

Yeah I agree with you James. My want was for a close packed hairline and was assured that could and would be achieved. We worked out the number of hairs per cm and it looked like this would be possible from that outset but looking at what's there at the moment I just can't see that happening. Last thing I wanted was a weak hair line and knowing that I have to wait a year to simply get another operation to then wait another year is depressing to say the least. Let's see how the next 6 months goes but I'm pretty sure I need at least 5-600 more grafts in the front or else it will just look terrible. So it's basically two years as opposed to 1 year and yeah I expect the place I got it done to be shouldering at least some of those costs for the follow up to get my desired result that I asked for in the first place

Comment

• jamesst11
                • Jun 2014

Rest easy Syd, it doesn't have to be like that. You can easily get another one in 6-8 months, after the new grafts have fully established beginning growth. Perhaps you already lost some of the grafts that were implanted? Do you have a pic immediate post op so we can see the recipient sites?

Comment

• Sydney23
                  • May 2015

Thanks mate. Guess it's just the old adage of being patient. I know I haven't lost any grafts, but maybe a few hairs have fallen but really it was always this sparse. Think it was a case of just too few grafts at 1100. I just didn't want to have to go through another two weeks off work and the process of healing and growing again so soon. Annoyed I didn't press for more grafts. I still think over all it is going to look good but just at the front it's going to be very thinly spread. Fingers crossed it won't look too bad. Appreciate the support mate

Comment

• Sean
                    • Jan 2011

Most likely this will look sparse in the front to a degree. However, another pass may set the density safely. You see, it is great you are not in a situation where you had noticeable native hair and had a very high density placement in a small zone, with at least 3000+ done in one day, thus risking transection and much lower yield. At least we are hoping your result yields well, with the option to boost it later safely. Some docs may fail to inform but small steps like these save your precious grafts later. This is very important. So it may be true your result may look anlittle sparse or spread out, but your yield factor should be high. Keep an eye on it and best wishes to you. Definitly track your progress.

Comment

• WHTC Clinic
                      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                      • Oct 2013

Was your priority to have a densely packed hairline? Based on the photos, you will at least look natural if you experience loss behind the frontal line. A few more pre-op photos may be helpful in assessing what is sufficient based on your age, physical features, and goals.
                      Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
                      London, UK - Available (Sat.)
                      Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
                      Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
                      Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
                      customer.care@mywhtc.com
                      Telephone
                      +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
                      +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
                      les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Comment

• pkipling
                        Inactive
                        • Sep 2014

It really is way too early to tell, but it does seem that 1,100 may have been a little low. However, I say that while also reminding you not to stress out about it, as you won't know for sure until the results are actually in. This can take anywhere from 6 months to up to 1 year. There's a very good chance that it will turn out just fine.

Try to be patient and not focus on it too much. I see this post was originally made back in May, so at this point you've had a couple months to let it all digest. Hopefully it's turning around for you.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• Sydney23
                          • May 2015

Thanks for the responses. I've kinda let it go for now and decided not to stress on it. I'm very lucky in that I have a good head of hair apart from the front, so have been able to comb it forward and cover it.

It's just over 1 month now since the surgery and no one had figured out I had anything done. At first people asked why I was wearing my hair like that, as it did look silly, but now it's grown a bit longer it actually looks decent and I'm now even getting compliments on styling it that way.

I figure I was still about 300-400 grafts short on really packing out my hairline but can get that done later. I actually now think it will still look decent in the end when it's all grown and having my hair like this being forward I'm confident of a good result.

I'll post some pictures soon when there is more to show in case anyone reads this and is looking for similar cases to theirs. But I wanted to say that even tho the back of my head was a bloody mess after the surgery (fue) it healed fine and within 2 weeks I was back at work and not one person has guessed I had anything done and I work In a job that is very face to face with people.

When it's getting somewhere more I'll post another photo. At the moment the grafts are starting to fall is all, so nothing much to report other than the redness having gone down a lot these last few days in the transplant area.

Cheers for support tho guys. Despite having a loving wife who is very supportive you can drive yourself crazy without sharing a bit on these forums.

Comment

• Soonbald
                            • Apr 2015

now what is the purpose for a receeded hairline for males in particular? is it to attract females? to show that you are a "mature man"? or is it simply a way go get more Sunlight? for that good vitamin D?..

Comment

Working...