+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fin Vs RU

Default Fin Vs RU

I am about to jump on one of these but I am not sure which is best for my case.
    I am starting to recede in the same way as my two older brothers. (Who are good norwood 4s now)
    My hair is quite thick but it is the hair line that seems to go first in our family.

So I was wondering if RU would be better for hair line because it is topical and I can put it on the hair line.
    Maybe fin is better for diffuse and RU better for hair line?

Does this theory hold any water?
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
    I am about to jump on one of these but I am not sure which is best for my case.
    I am starting to recede in the same way as my two older brothers. (Who are good norwood 4s now)
    My hair is quite thick but it is the hair line that seems to go first in our family.

So I was wondering if RU would be better for hair line because it is topical and I can put it on the hair line.
    Maybe fin is better for diffuse and RU better for hair line?

Does this theory hold any water?
    Thoughts?
    You will be using an FDA approved medication with tons of research on safety and efficacy over a span of decades versus something experimental. AHLA recommends Finasteride as the first line of attack against hair loss. Ask your doctor what you should try first and my money says he will tell you the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    You will be using an FDA approved medication with tons of research on safety and efficacy over a span of decades versus something experimental. AHLA recommends Finasteride as the first line of attack against hair loss. Ask your doctor what you should try first and my money says he will tell you the same.
    Thank you.
    So Fin is effective on hair line?

The primary propecia study didn't test the hair growth counts on the hair line, so simply because of that, many people became skeptical that it could promote regrowth there. However, I have seen several accounts in which it did improve the hair line. For more information and solid pics regarding this topic, you should visit: http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...a-finasteride/

Yeah what they said. Fin works everywhere front, temples wherever. The temples/front though seem to be the most sensitive so possible fin isnt enough but why not try that first? You could add RU later if you really wanted too

Thank you.
    So Fin is effective on hair line?
    Fin is effective for any hair being lost to DHT. It inhibits DHT.

Merck simply chose to only observe the crown in studies.

Try finasteride alone for 6-9 months and see where you are at. After that, add Minox if you want a topical boost (also FDA approved).

after a total of 12 months and using what we know is safe and effective based on concrete longterm scientific data, then consider other options if its not working.

My guess is either of these things alone will help you (fin/minox) and both together certainly will.

no need to jump the gun and do something experimental right off the bat.

Thanks guys
    I will start with just minox and see how I get on with that.

Thanks guys
    I will start with just minox and see how I get on with that.
    id start with fin.

but starting with minox is more reasonable than dropping all FDA approved options and starting with RU fresh out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    id start with fin.

but starting with minox is more reasonable than dropping all FDA approved options and starting with RU fresh out of the gate.
    Thanks tedwuji
    Why do you say to start with Fin before Minox?

Thanks tedwuji
    Why do you say to start with Fin before Minox?
    I have logically valid reasons.

1) you dont want to start 2 lifelong meds at once and compound your results. you instead want to know what works and what doesnt. starting one alone allows you to isolate result to a single variable.

2) Fin is a superior treatment compared with Minox.

after 9 months of Fin use you can see how well it is or isnt working then continue therapy or discard the option.

you could also at that time add minox and after 6 months know how much additional benefit it provides.

-starting both at once locks you into 2 lifelong commitments and blinds you to knowledge of which is providing more benefit or any at all.