Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • champpy
    • Apr 2015

Doxycycline for hair growth

I ran across a thread over on hair loss help about a guys whos kid is on this medication. He was saying that her hair has grown very quickly and gotten thicker since starting this medication.

I wouldn't have paid much attention to it but I recall about 6 months ago seeing another thread/topic somewhere in which someone was claiming that this was doing the same to them as well, their hair was growing thicker.

I looked into this medicine and found its sold in a lower dose under the name Periostat, which is used for to treat gum disease.

I understand that this medicine shouldn't be used long term, but im willing to cycle on and off these smaller doses to see if it actually does affect hair growth. Only problem is I cannot find anywhere to get it as it does require a prescription. Anyone have a clue where this might can be ordered online?
  • sagat
    • Jul 2015

Hi there,

First time poster long time reader of this section. I thought I will chime in on this. I've been using prescribed Doxycycline for about a year for my mild acne. I've experience no hair growth or thickening with it.

Comment

• champpy
      • Apr 2015

Interesting, thank you both for that.
      Sagat, did you notice any slowing down of hair loss at all while on it?

Comment

• sagat
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by champpy
        Interesting, thank you both for that.
        Sagat, did you notice any slowing down of hair loss at all while on it?
        Can't say that I have.

Comment

Working...